Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

would it be ok?

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 54 Replies
2 moms liked this
Ds brought home a permission slip yesterday for a field trip to an orchard. The trip is in the end of October and will cost $15. I live in a poor area so they told parents they can even make payments to ensure they can pay for their child to go. I am thinking about sending the teacher a note and $15 telling her to use it for a child whose parents can't afford it. I am by no means rich, but I can't imagine a child not going because they're parent can't afford the trip. Do you think it'd be ok to do this?
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:20 PM
5 moms liked this

Absolutely and it's really nice of you!

Pixers
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I do it for every field trip my kids had/have, well I try too. Sometimes it just tight enough on our budget that I am pressed for their own costs.  Especially if they just joined another sport and I had to shell out those fee's too.  

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I think thats great
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

That is very nice of you and I'm sure that the teacher and the student who gets to go because of your generosity will appreciate it very much.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Sports can be really expensive.

Quoting Pixers:

Yes, I do it for every field trip my kids had/have, well I try too. Sometimes it just tight enough on our budget that I am pressed for their own costs.  Especially if they just joined another sport and I had to shell out those fee's too.  

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I also wasn't sure if they'd accept it. This is the first trip we've had to pay for so I wanted to get others thoughts.

Quoting Pixers:

kknepp03
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that it wonderful! Here in my hometown there is a pay it forward movement going on in memory of a girl who died from a seizure.  They are trying to raise epilepsy awareness.  It is getting around the country.  It so amazing and moving (#AJO).  So I think it would be very awesome if you did that for some kiddo who can't afford it.  

timefor2
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that is very nice of you :)

tnwp21
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, way to go Super Mom!

school bus

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it would be neat of you to contribute extra for the class. Our class is going to a pumpkin patch and I am a chaperone.   I am thinking about packing extra juice boxes or water bottles (still sealed) for everyone in my group.  I did that when i was a chaperone in kindergarten and they loved it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN