Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

cupcakes/allergies

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 49 Replies
My daughter birthday is in a few weeks and I got the ok to send cupcakes/treats. I asked if there were any allergies that I needed to be aware of and one of the girls is allergic to peanuts. What can I send that everyone can have including the student with the peanut allergy? I don't want her to be left out. Are regular cupcakes ok? I want everyone to get the same thing so that she doesn't feel singled out. Tia
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
mrsary
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Check the labels for any type of nuts.
mistync
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I know most flours and such say on the label that they could have been in contact or are processed in plants with nut products. I don't want to accidently trigger a reaction or send something she can't have

Quoting mrsary:

mrsary
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I've heard bad things about nut allergies. My sons are allergic to peanuts too.

Quoting mistync:

I know most flours and such say on the label that they could have been in contact or are processed in plants with nut products. I don't want to accidently trigger a reaction or send something she can't have

Quoting mrsary:

mistync
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM

what do you do for them on their birthdays? do they get regular cake?

Quoting mrsary:

Quoting mistync:

Quoting mrsary:

mrsary
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. As long as there aren't any nuts in it. So far they get skin reactions from nuts and nothing anaphaletic thank God!

Quoting mistync:

what do you do for them on their birthdays? do they get regular cake?

Quoting mrsary:

Quoting mistync:

Quoting mrsary:

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are making them, regular cupcakes are fine.  Even store bought bakery ones are usually peanut free.  Maybe fruit cups instead for everyone to enjoy.

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I just make regular cup cakes. But my kids have never had someone with a peanut allergy but we have a red food coloring, and strawberry allergy to deal with. I also feel bad for anyone in my sons class because he is allergic to sugar.
mistync
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:26 AM

oh wow, that must be hard on him and you!

Quoting Lorena:

I just make regular cup cakes. But my kids have never had someone with a peanut allergy but we have a red food coloring, and strawberry allergy to deal with. I also feel bad for anyone in my sons class because he is allergic to sugar.

2-point-doe
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Our school only allows store bought treats. When there has been an allergy the parent of that child has sent a special treat for just them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)