Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

chores?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:02 PM
  • 25 Replies
Right now what we do with dd (8) is we ask her to do something and she'll usually do it. We wanna start having a list instead of just asking her to do something. Abby suggestions?
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm interested in the replies, too. We're pretty much like you. My dd is 7.
Karen_S
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I like this list a lot. http://thehappyhousewife.com/home-management/age-appropriate-chores-for-kids-printable/

sorry, I'm on a mobile and can't make it clickable.

Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Google happy housewife and chore. It comes up immediately. I love the list. Time to get off my iPhone and on my computer to print it! Lol

Quoting Karen_S:

I like this list a lot. http://thehappyhousewife.com/home-management/age-appropriate-chores-for-kids-printable/

sorry, I'm on a mobile and can't make it clickable.

tnwp21
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM

My son's chore is to take care of himself and his things.....consistently.  That means all the personal hygene and dressing, keeping his room clean, homework, asking the teacher if he's confused, picking up anything he lays down around the house, and lastly (it's a new one) if he uses dishes, he is to rinse them out and put them in the dishwasher when finished.  He's 9 so that will encompass my things as he grows!

steelcage
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM

We dont have a set list however they are responsible for feeding their pets (two guinea pigs and a dog) and cleaning up after them. They also have to keep their room clean.

If we ask for help with something they do it. My youngest loves taking clorox wipes and wiping down counters, walls, anything and everything she can. My oldest enjoys drying dishes and organzing. They both sweep and take out the trash.

MsRkg
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM
My son is 11 and he doesn't really have any chores. Most of the typical chores that you would assign to kids are nullified in my house because we have a cleaning service. The only thing he is responsible for is just to take care of himself and his things. He's known though to help out without being asked if he notices that something just needs to be done, like unload the dishwasher, take out the trash, etc.
NananRaysmom
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Mine are 11&8...
Chores ate split between the two...they alternate the days..

Sweep and mop the kitchen...vacuum the stairs...vacuum and clean the living room and their rooms..twice a week they wash, dry and put their laundry away. Every other weekend they wash walls and baseboards....and wash the leather couches.. They also take the trash out...and sometimes do dishes.
I have a chore list. They have to get it done every night before bed.
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

This is the one we have for dd . We rotate all the different tasks as needed.

mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM

My sister has a set chore list for her 7 and 6 yr old girls, but I have yet to get that organzied I guess I need to get the ball rolling she is 5. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
MommaC11
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Our daughter's (8) responsibilities are her things, her room, and her bathroom. Which are easiest if just kept up with. She gets to feed and water her cat and puppy (we help out often).

Before dessert, she gets to put away all the clean dishes in their spot. If the trash needs to be changed, she does that too.

When Sunday's roll around, it's an all day cleaning day. I clean the entire home, and until I'm finished, she helps out with various tasks. Age appropriate, I think -- some examples are sweeping the front and back porches, help pick up weeds, put away folded laundry, etc.

She's a very good helper, but I've found her tasks are best if kept small and easily accomplished.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)