Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

halloween at school

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM
  • 137 Replies
Does your school do any kind of Halloween festivities?
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dmom27
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

There is a Halloween Parade the day of.  All the kids march around in their costumes.  = )

mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I'm so jealous! We are having a fall party but nothinf Halloween!

Quoting dmom27:

There is a Halloween Parade the day of.  All the kids march around in their costumes.  = )

GwenMB
by Gwen on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:41 PM

No, they don't do anything revolving around Halloween since its a Christian school.  I don't care, my boys will have several Halloween parties anyway.

mommy053008
by Maria on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:42 PM
We are at a christian school too but I still wish they did.

Quoting GwenMB:

No, they don't do anything revolving around Halloween since its a Christian school.  I don't care, my boys will have several Halloween parties anyway.

kellysp6637
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Our school does a Halloween Literacy parade.  Kids can  bring a costume and dress as a character from a book.  They have to also bring in the book and they march around in their costume with their book.  It's really cute! 

loveutiltheend
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM
We don't do anything :( we stopped having fall parties in third grade too.
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM
We do not anything he is a 6th grade Middle schooler his 1st year too..my 21 month old tommorow is not in school or anything yet.
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Not halloween but they do fall/autumn oriented things.  Field trip is going to pumpkin patch which i am excited about.  Their science circuit (right word , teachers? ) is all about plant life cycles and those types of things.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I know there is a Christian/religious reason for not doing it, so even though I can't exactly explain it (and we still participate in Halloween), I'm fine with it.  They will have at least 2 chances to wear their costumes and I'd rather they focus on academics.  They get plenty of other fun activities anyway.

Plus, Nov 1 is Grandparents Day & the kids get half the day off for fun activities with their grandparents (or other special adult).

Quoting mommy053008:

We are at a christian school too but I still wish they did.

Quoting GwenMB:

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:23 PM
The classes have parties and they do a parade.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)