Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Have you ever been Boo'd?? Update (red)

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM
  • 61 Replies

Well, Operation Boo was a success tonite!  We managed to Boo FOUR houses without getting caught!  We've also already scoped the houses again and see that they did in fact get the candy and posted their Boo signs on their doors - this is a good indication that this will be a hit in our new 'hood!

Of course, I just realized that if/when WE get Boo'd back, I have to make two more Boo gifts!  LOL

How did everyone else do so far?

I just made a few of these to surprise our neighbors.  It was a tradition in my old neighborhood and I'm hoping to start it in our new 'hood.   Does your neighborhood do this?

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Yes both our neighborhood does it and my school/work does too. I love this time of year!!

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Me too!  I would start it at my work, but we only have 5 people in our office and 3 of them are guys.  LOL

Quoting mjande4:

Yes both our neighborhood does it and my school/work does too. I love this time of year!!

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Yeh, it probably won't work in your office. Lol We have 175 teachers and another 100 staff so there are plenty of participants.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Me too!  I would start it at my work, but we only have 5 people in our office and 3 of them are guys.  LOL

Quoting mjande4:

diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM
No.
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:26 PM

That should be fun!!!  Does everyone participate and get it done by Halloween?

I'm trying to figure out what to do for the teachers & bus driver for Halloween now. =0)

Quoting mjande4:

Yeh, it probably won't work in your office. Lol We have 175 teachers and another 100 staff so there are plenty of participants.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Quoting mjande4:

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Bummer!  My kids love it.  Of course, the first time we did it, we totally got caught by our neighbors kids...we tried to run & hide but they were just too fast for us.  LOL

Quoting diaperstodating:

No.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Yes, because people tend to "boo" those they know will get into it. KWIM I would say 1/3 to 1/2 of the people get involved. We also have a pumpkin carving contest by department. It's VERY competitive. The art and science depts are hard to beat. We do a chilli contest and a costume contest too. It's really a fun time, because homecoming is in there too. Homecoming week is just packed with events too. I love October!! 

Quoting ivf_blessed:

I'm trying to figure out what to do for the teachers & bus driver for Halloween now. =0)

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Quoting mjande4:

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

AWESOME!  That does sound like fun!  And I had to LOL at the pumpkin carving contest...I bet the art & science departments really are hard to beat!  Too funny!

Sounds like you work with a fun group of people!

Quoting mjande4:

Yes, because people tend to "boo" those they know will get into it. KWIM I would say 1/3 to 1/2 of the people get involved. We also have a pumpkin carving contest by department. It's VERY competitive. The art and science depts are hard to beat. We do a chilli contest and a costume contest too. It's really a fun time, because homecoming is in there too. Homecoming week is just packed with events too. I love October!! 

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Quoting mjande4:

HisSweetheart07
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
No. Never heard of it before!
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Never

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)