Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What do you think of this type of Fundraiser?

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:22 PM
  • 75 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know it's small, it's basically asking for a $5 donation from family and friends. No selling, no candles, no cups, no chocolates, no order forms. Just an envelope asking for $5 from each person. Would you be donate to this type of PTO fundraiser? 

by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:25 PM
5 moms liked this

Yes, I would donate.  In fact, instead of selling candles, cups, chocolates, wrapping paper, etc., I make a donation.  Donations are 100% profit where the cheesy fundraiers are 40-50% profit.

hriabywx4
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this
If it was for a specific thing, gym equipment or new sound system or art supplies, sure. I just like knowing what they are doing with the money same as with any other fund raiser :)
cocoroo
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:28 PM
5 moms liked this

I would rather do that because then the school gets the full amount, not the minimal % like from other fundraisers.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:32 PM
4 moms liked this
That's way easier than selling some crap.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

It's for the school and it's only five dollars so yes I would donate.

CalicoMeezer
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Lawd yes. I would way rather my kid do this too.
SP_Mama
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I would much rather have done that than the chocolate fundraiser they are doing now.  If they don't sell all the chocolate from the box, we have to make up the difference because they don't accept the chocolate back.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Yeah, I don't like those type either.

Quoting SP_Mama:

I would much rather have done that than the chocolate fundraiser they are doing now.  If they don't sell all the chocolate from the box, we have to make up the difference because they don't accept the chocolate back.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I would prefer it. I would rather donate $5 that the school will get than spend ten on a piece of junk and the school only gets $4.

But we tried that at our school and our students' families felt like it was a waste. We've gone back to selling junk. :(

sarebear31976
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I would so much rather donate $5 than be constantly given yet another wrapping paper/cookie dough/market day/pizza/ butter braid/magazine/whatever fundraiser to do.  We start getting flyers home the first week of school all the way to May.  It's frustrating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN