Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Activities!! :)

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM
  • 24 Replies

Do your little ones participate in after school activities? Mine want's to do a BUNCH! And I think we're going to let her. So far we have Basketball and Girl Scouts we are signing up for this week. Then for Christmas she is getting dance and gymnastics (we just couldn't pick!) and after Basketball season she'll start Soccer and after Soccer season she'll start T-Ball. I'm soooo freakin excited! We are going to be BUSY! Haha. 

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:13 PM

My DD will start brownies in 2 weeks. I may sign her up for a 4 session art class through the park district in November. That's all she'll want to dive into.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:15 PM

My boys do participate in extracurriculars.  However, I limit them to scouts plus one other extracurricular at a time for my own sanity.  I have 2-3 evening meetings a week myself, so getting them to extracurriculars is always a hassle.  Not to mention that they need to have time for homework and studying, school work comes first.

LiLsMaMa21
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I only have one child and she doesn't have homework (other than reading every night which we've always done) and she's VERY active so she has to stay busy or she starts tearing stuff up. Kind of like a puppy. Haha. I want her to get a taste of everything. I know she's the only one we'll be able to do this with so I'm taking advantage of it :)

Quoting steelcrazy:

My boys do participate in extracurriculars.  However, I limit them to scouts plus one other extracurricular at a time for my own sanity.  I have 2-3 evening meetings a week myself, so getting them to extracurriculars is always a hassle.  Not to mention that they need to have time for homework and studying, school work comes first.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Good luck with that . . .

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

I only have one child and she doesn't have homework (other than reading every night which we've always done) and she's VERY active so she has to stay busy or she starts tearing stuff up. Kind of like a puppy. Haha. I want her to get a taste of everything. I know she's the only one we'll be able to do this with so I'm taking advantage of it :)

Quoting steelcrazy:

k1kelley
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM
My DD does Girl Scouts, she is a Brownie. Other than that, she will do Jr Jazzercise 1x week for 4 weeks.
SciFiMama91
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM
He starts gymnastics in November. He can't start cub scouts until he turns 7 but he's been asking since he was little.
TroyboysMom
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Ds has soccer and chorus, garden club, LEGO Robotics, and Science Club this year - there won't really be time for anything else. 

Dodie702
by Doriane on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:04 AM
My dd is in cup stacking club.
StephanieSH
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:07 AM

My son is 11 and is in 6th grade. He has narrowed down his interests and alternates between baseball and basketball, depending upon the season.  My daughter is 7 and is way over booked.  She takes 3 dance classes a week (jazz, bollywood and hip hop), she has rehearsal 2xs a week for the Sound of Music.  She is Marta Von Trapp.  She has brownies once a month and has soccer on the weekends.  Next year when religious school goes up to 2xs a week for her, she's going to have to choose between dance and soccer because it's just too much.  If you don't have a central role in the play, you only have rehearsal once a week so this is the first time she has had it 2xs a week.  My kids are doing fine but I feel like a taxi service.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:34 AM

My son only has cub scouts right now, but may add so something like science club when that starts. I don't want him busy too many days a week, though. He needs down time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)