Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Trick or Treatng S/O

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM
  • 59 Replies

A reply to the post about trick or treating times got me to wondering . . .

at what age do you feel it is too old to go trick or treating?

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alf2651
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Around here, kids usually stop trick-or-treating around 13.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TroyboysMom
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I felt that *I* was too old around 13 or 14. I figure too old is when the child starts feeling awkward.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:05 AM
We don't trick or treat in our neighborhood anymore. People have stopped so we go to the church carnival and it is geared towards all ages.
BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I'm sorry, I find this sad. Just me. We do a church neighborhood chili cook off/Halloween fun! This is the 1st year we aren't doing a trunk or treat. Sad. 

but, here, kids TOT at dusk on oct 31st. Only hiccup is when it lands on a Sunday. Lol then, it's on All Saints Day, ie nov 1st. Lol

our neighborhood has traditions of homemade scones with honey butter and hot coco, and another serves fresh hotdogs. :) I go out for the scones! :)

Quoting Dodie702:

We don't trick or treat in our neighborhood anymore. People have stopped so we go to the church carnival and it is geared towards all ages.

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Forgot to add, age is a number. I'm almost 39. Most seem shocked. I play much younger. Lol those that don't know are surprised I'm 'that old'. Lol I guess because I act like a kid, I 'seem', younger. Lol

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Once you're out of high school. I went all through h.s, and will allow ds1 to do so as long as he's dressed up and behaving. Kids grow up too fast as it is- let them hold on to what parts of childhood they're willing to still do.

WritingMom777
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:37 AM

DS is 11 and not a big fan. He went with some of my in-law neighbors last year, though.

aj23
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Around 13 is the max but I'm trying to discourage my 11 year old niece from going anymore. She still enjoys it but she's my size and a little taller and people are often rude to her because they think she's older than she is. A few even refused to give her candy last year saying she wasn't a kid anymore. It hurt her feelings and I just don't want to see a repeat of that this year. I'm still making her costume but I've also offered to buy her 2 bags if candy if she decides not to trick or treat.
nova.mommy
by Kristi on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:57 AM

That is just rude of those people to refuse her any.

As long as they dressed up, I don't really mind.  But the ones that get me are the older teens(usually 6-18) That don't even try.  They grab their dad's shirt or hat, a pillowcase and say they are an old man.  But I will still give them something, maybe just a Tootsie Roll midgee or other small candy.

Quoting aj23:

A few even refused to give her candy last year saying she wasn't a kid anymore.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM

As soon as you hit a teen, so 13 is too old.

Around here if anyone 13 or older went trick or treating they would be made fun of, its so un-cool here to go out for halloween or dress up after the age of 12. I agree a teen is way too old to go out. We dont hand out candy to older kids either and nor does anyone else around here. In the past older teens would come around and we just turn them away. Its for little kids not high schoolers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN