Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

BOOOO on our neighbors! ETA

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM
  • 387 Replies
15 moms liked this

We Boo'd 4 different houses - each house has their BOO posted on their door but, not only have WE not been Boo'd back - I do not see any Boo signs on other neighbors' doors.

Pretty disappointed in these folks...

Lucky thought that my kids got Boo'd at their Dad's house - in my old neighborhood, no less!  LOL

Hope everyone else's Booing is more successful than mine!

Happy Fall Ya'll!

WOW - CM takes my post that is meant for my group and posts it for all others.   I have this to say...

1 - This is a spin off of another post in MY GROUP, therefore it was posted as an update for MY GROUP.

2 - This was purely for FUN - for my kids AND my neighbors kids.  Am I disappointed for my kids that this didn't catch on in our new neighborhood?  Yes but that's life.  It doesn't mean I won't Boo again.

Maybe CM wonders what every CM member's opinion is on this but frankly, I don't care what any of you mean spirited people think and will not respond to the rude replies.

one more edit - I have come realize that most of the replies have been kind - so thank you!  I am trying to respond to the ones with questions about how to do this!  In the nutshell:

You simply put together a treat (doesn't have to be fancy or expensive - I made the cones out of cardstock - they don't hold much) and use a Boo poem + sign (I found mine on Pinterest).  You usually Boo 2 neighbors and the idea is for them to pass it along by boo'ing 2 other neighbors.  If  it catches on - every house in the neighborhood should be Boo'd by Halloween.  You Boo the neighbors by leaving it 'anon' on their front doorstep - some folks ring the bell & run.  This was something my kids & I did in our old neighborhood.  Some kids got so into it, they would chase you down if you tried the 'ring & run' part!  We got caught a few times in the old 'hood!  LOL

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:50 PM
115 moms liked this

I have no clue what you are talking about.

PyschMeh
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I don't think I've heard of this. You just put a 'Boo' sign on someones door?

pregnancy due date
KRISTAL_WILDER
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM
5 moms liked this

I have never heard of such a thing?

SahmTam
by Tammy on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:53 PM
30 moms liked this

Maybe they've just never heard of it and have no idea there is supposed to be a reciprocation involved? I've never heard of this. If a BOO sign showed up I woud throw it out and have no clue why it had been put there.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this

That's too bad- maybe they just haven't gotten a chance to do so yet? I know it took me a bit longer than it should have to pass on the Boo the first yr.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:58 PM
20 moms liked this

Oh, I guess ya'll didn't see my post from before.  LOL  I put these on their doors...

The 'instructions' are on the cone as well as their own copies rolled up inside the cone for Boo'ing others.

PyschMeh
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM
25 moms liked this

Oh ok. If I got that on my door I think I would be pretty excited! I'd definitely start 'boo'ing people lol.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Oh, I guess ya'll didn't see my post from before.  LOL  I put these on their doors...

The 'instructions' are on the cone as well as their own copies rolled up inside the cone for Boo'ing others.

pregnancy due date
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Maybe so...I dunno, it's been almost an entire week and even if our house wasn't the one boo'd I would expect to see another house boo'd by now - especially with us starting it by Boo'ing four different houses.

Oh well - we'll try again next year! =0)

Quoting wakymom:

That's too bad- maybe they just haven't gotten a chance to do so yet? I know it took me a bit longer than it should have to pass on the Boo the first yr.

rebeccab1966
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:04 PM
3 moms liked this

We love Boo-ing!  My daughter and my neighbor keep booing each other back with little treats (I know, we're breaking the rules but it's so cute!)

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

My old neighborhood loved doing this - I was hoping this neighborhood would get into it as well.  After seeing everyone post their signs on their doors, I expected it to spread quickly but I guess I was wrong.

Maybe next year!

Quoting PyschMeh:

Oh ok. If I got that on my door I think I would be pretty excited! I'd definitely start 'boo'ing people lol.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN