Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

His first kiss...

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM
  • 34 Replies

Yesterday my son got off the bus practically beaming. I asked him if he had a good day and he almost yelled YES!

He said that he has a new girl in his class named Emily and before he got on the bus, she leaned over and kissed his cheek and said he was 'sweet'. 

His words "Mommy, she kissed my cheek and said I was sweet. That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me!"

I told him that I kiss his cheek all the time and I say nice things to him several times a day. He replied with, "but you AREN'T a girl! You are my mommy!"

Nice to know that I cannot compete with an 8 year old. ha

I did have to remind him that while she sounds like a nice girl, that there is no kissing allowed  at school. And my smart boy said, 'oh yeah, Mrs. X, the bus monitor said it was sweet but is against school rules so we have to keep our lips to ourselves."  LOL

Have your littles ones given or gotten their first little kiss?

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

No, lol, some girl tried that with one of my sons in second grade and it didn't end well. He made it crystal clear that she was NOT to touch him. My kids are older and still find the opposite sex icky. Whew! 

NeonGirl9583
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Nope. No kissing at school.
SahmTam
by Tammy on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Not yet.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww! That's so cute. Dd is 5 and hasn't had her first kiss yet.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

When ds1 was in 2nd gr, he had a girl chase him down on the playground and give him a kiss on the cheek. She also Scotch-taped their desks together. Ah, puppy love : )

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww - that's so cute!  And funny...you aren't a girl!!!!  LOL

Girls seem to LOVE my son - he is a funny & cute kid if I do say so myself.  <wink>

He just tells me that he thinks it's gross when they try to hug or kiss him but he doesn't want to hurt their feelings.

It was crazy in preschool but it has gotten better in elementary school (he is 6) b/c of the 'school rules'.

My DD has not mentioned anyone doing that to her but she gets embarrassed if I ask her if she thinks a boy is nice.  LOL

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Aww that is so cute. Scotch tape, who knew.  ha

Quoting wakymom:

When ds1 was in 2nd gr, he had a girl chase him down on the playground and give him a kiss on the cheek. She also Scotch-taped their desks together. Ah, puppy love : )

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Oh I am definitely NOT a girl. I am mommy. haha

I bet your son is a little cutie with all the girls chasing him. It's sweet now, but you are going to have to beat them girls off with a stick when he is a teenager. :)

Quoting ivf_blessed:

Awww - that's so cute!  And funny...you aren't a girl!!!!  LOL

Girls seem to LOVE my son - he is a funny & cute kid if I do say so myself. 

He just tells me that he thinks it's gross when they try to hug or kiss him but he doesn't want to hurt their feelings.

It was crazy in preschool but it has gotten better in elementary school (he is 6) b/c of the 'school rules'.

My DD has not mentioned anyone doing that to her but she gets embarrassed if I ask her if she thinks a boy is nice.  LOL

jaytee
by Jen on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:52 PM

No kissing yet....at least I don't think so...I'm not 100% sure if my sixth grader tells me everything. I'm only 90% sure that he does, lol!

He had a "girlfriend" already and he told me while he liked her lot he wasn't going to "hold her hand, hug her or any of that mushy stuff." "She's only my girlfriend because she is super cool and loves dirt and the woods as much as I do" Lol!

The girls definitely haven't been kissed at school

momof2girls339
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:59 PM

My 7 year old daughter drew a picture the other day of a boy and a girl with the caption involving the word kiss, then another picture that said getting married. I asked her about it, but she didn't want to tell me. My 5 year old DD is the boy crazy one, so I was surprised. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN