Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What happened to my kid?? =(

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 208 Replies

My daughter was a wonderful helpful sweet girl.  She did great through headstart,  was a "big helper" in Kindergarden....  Her behavoir took a giant nose dive this year for no apparent reason,  She started not wanting to go to school,   Telling lies, and being violent to her siblings,  She refuses to do homework no matter how I approch it.   She will tamtrum and scream about the work being "too hard"  and that we are "picking on her"   I found out just recently that she is doing this to her teacher also and has gotten three white slips in the office for definance and unrulling behavor as well as not listening and running off.  She seems to have taken a firm mind set that things will go "her way" or not happen at all.   I have exhausted the tools the school has given me to try and correct this,  I have sat and tryed to talk to her, (She slapped my face and screamed at me that "It's not HER fault,  that everyone is making fun of her")  the thing is NO ONE is making fun of her we are worried about her and want to help,  She just fights us and wont listen.  She has fallen behind in class now and isolated herself from friends with this behavor.  It breaks my heart because I truely don't know what to do.  Does anyone on here have any idea what could help or what might be going on??    

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:58 AM
35 moms liked this

It's time for a doctor 's appointment/evaluation. That's where I would start. This is about way more than school.

KatLee42513
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:04 PM
18 moms liked this
Is she being bulied?
dancer
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:05 PM

how old is she?

Purple_Olive
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:06 PM
4 moms liked this
My suggestion would be to get her to the doctor and start there. Sounds like she is struggling in school, embarrassed about it and doesn't have the skills to deal with her feelings? Is a kid at school bullying her? Get with her teachers also to see how her work is etc.
ashwee356
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Age?

ilovemykids365
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:08 PM
14 moms liked this

She needs to speak with a therapist. He/she will get to the bottom of what's the root issue. Please don't be afraid to take her. A therapist is only there to help and its their job. Let us know what happens and good luck!

energygirl
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM
7 moms liked this

I would think she is either being bullied.....or the work is getting hard (maybe it was easier for her last year and now she is finally being challenged).  I wonder if there is the possibility of homeschooling for the rest of this year if it might help her catch up and feel less pressure.   If she "slapped your face" and never did that sort of behavior before...then she is learning it from other kids....

ashwee356
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:10 PM
37 moms liked this

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Seriously!? Where do you live or what kind of environment do you find this normal. This is not something any kid I know would learn from another.

Quoting energygirl:

I would think she is either being bullied.....or the work is getting hard (maybe it was easier for her last year and now she is finally being challenged).  I wonder if there is the possibility of homeschooling for the rest of this year if it might help her catch up and feel less pressure.   If she "slapped your face" and never did that sort of behavior before...then she is learning it from other kids....

MrsJagne
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM
If she is ten or older I'd say it's hormones/puberty. My daughter went through a stage like that when she was 11 it was short lived.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)