Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
My 11 year old ds still insists on me tucking him in every night for bed. My dh thinks it's time to stop. I will tuck him in until he is ready to stop. How old is too old? I feel like they are only kids for such a short while!
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Replies (21-30):
coala
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I haven't tucked our kids in in a LONG time.  They are 5 and 7.  I don't remember when we stopped.  It just became very difficult to get out of their room after tucking them in.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Tuck him in for as long as he wants it.

cjsbmom
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:47 PM

When they ask you to stop, then they are too old. 

Mrs.Velasquez
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Quoting aetrom:

As long as they let you... These days are passing quickly!
socalxbombshell
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I don't "tuck in" my kids, they've been responsible for their own blankets for several years now, but I'll tell my kids goodnight until they move out of my house, or ask me not to. Hell, when my mom spends the night at my house, I still tell her goodnight before we go to bed. Lol.

lonelymoon
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:26 AM
That is so young :( what made it difficult to leave their rooms?

Quoting coala:

I haven't tucked our kids in in a LONG time.  They are 5 and 7.  I don't remember when we stopped.  It just became very difficult to get out of their room after tucking them in.

sammyreymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I will tuck my dd in as long as she wants me too.

Cmgmqmmom
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I will tuck my kids in until they don't want me to. I hardly think pulling their covers up and giving them a kiss is making them overly dependent on me.
baileymarie723
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I still tuck my daughter in, and she is 11 as well. I do it more so she doesn't lose track of time if she is playing in her room, and stays up past bed time. I don't cover her up I just give her a kiss, and tell her goodnight.

StephanieSH
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is 11 and I still "tuck" him in.  Not literally because he doesn't like to be under the covers but I go in at bedtime and give him a kiss, tell him I love him, maybe address some things for the day that we didn't get to talk about earlier.  Then he usually reads by himself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)