Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
My 11 year old ds still insists on me tucking him in every night for bed. My dh thinks it's time to stop. I will tuck him in until he is ready to stop. How old is too old? I feel like they are only kids for such a short while!
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Replies (31-40):
mandalyn74
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:27 AM

My son is 8 and still insists on it.  Sometimes I wish he would go without since I am very busy in the evenings after I put the baby to bed and I am trying to get everything ready for the next day and get myself to bed.  Plus his bedroom is upstairs and by that time at night I am too tired (lazy) to climb the stairs :)  But I suppose it is better than him not wanting anything to do with me.

CarlysMommy1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I would do it as long as he lets you.  Before long he probably won't even want you in his room at all.  :)

MidwestMama55
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I tuck in my 12 year old every night (daughter). Why is it too old?

luvmybug
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I would continue to do it. It makes good memories. :)
sarah824
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I will do it until my kids ask me to stop. I see nothing wrong with it. DS is 9 and he is fully capable of putting himself to bed, but he still asks me to help.

lonelymoon
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:50 AM
I don't think it is too old. My dh thinks so.. He didn't grow up with a mom do he doesn't get it. Sometimes I think he is just a little harder on him bc that is what he knows. I must add that he doesn't say anything when I tuck in his 13 yr old DD. I will continue to tuck him in until he doesn't want me to.

Quoting MidwestMama55:

I tuck in my 12 year old every night (daughter). Why is it too old?

reindeer-c
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it is a great way to end the day. I love those special 5-10 minutes with each of my boys. It is important to make hugs and kisses available until they feel they do not want it any longer. They grow so fast. I am enjoyig every minute of it.

urbpro
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Because I'm with the kids all day, dh is the one to tuck them in at night. It's their special time with him. Our son is 10 and still gets tucked in. If dh has to work late or is out of town, then I get to do the honors :o) I'm pretty sure I was tucked in as a kid until about 14 or 15 (when I finally got a t.v. in my room), and I still like to get tucked in by dh even after 18 years together :o)

lonelymoon
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Awww ;)

Quoting urbpro:

Because I'm with the kids all day, dh is the one to tuck them in at night. It's their special time with him. Our son is 10 and still gets tucked in. If dh has to work late or is out of town, then I get to do the honors :o) I'm pretty sure I was tucked in as a kid until about 14 or 15 (when I finally got a t.v. in my room), and I still like to get tucked in by dh even after 18 years together :o)

miss_AP
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you tuck in forever :) Or as long as they want. My 13yo nephew likes to be tucked in sometimes. And I got a hug and a kiss from both parents every night before bed all the way through hs until I left for college....I would go to bed myself but I considered it a tuck in. Sometimes my mom would come in and chat and that was cool. If I stay at their house I still get a hug and kiss before bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)