Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Cds for seven year old?

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 21 Replies
DD is 7 next month and asked for a CD player for her birthday, of course got an awesome Barbie one from Toys R Us. Now I need cds that are okay for her age but also "cool" lol she has a few disney princess ones and Little People but she has out grown them. She asked for a cd with some song they play on Disney between the shows? I have no idea who it is or if the whole cd is even okay got her to listen to. Anyone help me with some cds that are okay for this age and "cool "? She is not into the whole boy bands yet thank gosh lol
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM

lol.. Awww.. My DS loves Big Time Rush, Victorious, etc.. My 7 year old got the Fresh Beat Band album a couple of years ago.. 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM

look for disney channel theme songs or something.....  Folk songs are good for this age I was told by our music teacher as well as whatever you listen to.  My dd is 7 and likes classical music at night.  During the day she listens to classic rock with daddy or P!nk with me.   I make up stations on Pandora internet radio for us to listen to.   My dd may be a strange one since she will want to listen to Celine Dion's Miracle album as well some days.   We also have Enya.    

Maybe for your dd look into the kidz bop cds for her ?

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/music-lists/party-music-girls?term_filter=kids

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:46 PM
My dd 8 listens to salena Gomez (Alex in wizards of waverly place) and that cd has songs fron Disney. Sge has fresh beat band and shake it up sound track. Along with Taylor Swift
diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM

listening to tunes

Bump

MaddieLainesMom
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM

My six year old has all of the Taylor Swift CDs, she also has a couple from Carrie Underwood, Hunter Hayes, Luke Bryan, and Justin Bieber that she loves to play. She also has several of the Kidz Bop CDs, some nursery rhyme song albums (I don't know what they're called), and some Disney stuff (some of the princess songs and come random compilations). 

Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM
My 7-year-old loves Monster High You Tube songs. Some are admittedly trashy, but I always listen first and bookmark them for her if it's okay. You can't get them on CD, but there are Winx Club CDs if she likes that show.
GleekingOut
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Cimorelli are pretty good for any age kid/teen :) kinda disney like.

sammyreymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:18 AM

My dd is 9 and we just went through the Big Time Rush, Victorious, iCarly.  Now we are starting over and trying to figure out her style of music.  Some of the music she is asking for I'm ok with, but others I've questioned.  Pink and Katy Perry have been top of the list, digging back she has always like The Beatles and now Queen.  The Kidz Bop are good.

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:23 AM
check out your local library. you could check out several different CDs and see if anything speaks to her. that's what I've done for our kids over the years. interestingly two favor classical music from ballets ( they both dance) and the third loves to listen to a recorded book about astronomy. they mostly only listen to things at bedtime
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I'm guessing what my kids considered "cool" at 7 is totally different than what you are looking for.  They've always been into classic rock and so have their friends.  I think that "cool" means something different to everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)