Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you as parents expect a teacher to call you at 6:30 in the evening? UPDATE!

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:46 PM
  • 105 Replies
1 mom liked this

I received a note from a parent today asking me to call her after 6:30.  I politely returned the note telling her that I would be unavailable.  Please don't expect me to call at that time in the evening.  It's my time with family and I don't want parents having my home phone number.

UPDATE

I did get an email today and it was nothing that required my immediate attention to the matter. 

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

No I wouldn't.

I communicate through email with my kids teachers. I've gotten emails from them in the evenings. 

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:49 PM

An email, maybe in an emergency a phone call no. 

NeverTooMany
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:50 PM
All my kids teachers call me from their cells. Most choose to call me about 5:30 to 6:00 ish. Never asked them to they just do. Always had teachers call from their cells. Not weird to me.
raczac
by Cindi on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
My sons teacher calls me during the day and at night also if she has something she needs to talk to me about. I hace her cell and home phone number as well as her email address. She has even met me at a gas station because he leftbhis back pack at school one day. She is a really great teacher wish my other son had gotten her last year when he was in first grade.
Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I actually find it easier to call at dinnertime...that is, if I want to talk to a real person.  But I use my husband's cellphone.  It comes up on their caller ID with my name.  Most folks won't pick up a blocked number.  And if anybody decides to call that number, all they get is my very confused husband and lots of heavy machine background noise.

DACIA79
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:03 PM
2 moms liked this
At my kids school they ask when the best time to call is I wrote anytime. Email text whatever.

What I hate is notes sent home that leave me with more questions than answers.
momtoonein06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldnt mind if my sons teacher called at night.
thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

We can communicate by email, or we can set up a time to meet at school. I wouldn't be totally opposed to talking after that time, but I would not expect it unless it was a dire emergency, and what would be that important that they couldn't let me know during the day?

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't expect a teacher to call me on her private time. But as a teacher I will take my time to contact parents if that's the only time they are available. I don't really see how anyone would be unable to take a phone calls during school hours though. 

ZakkarysMom
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I would rather not talk on the phone at night. I email my son's teacher anyway.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)