Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Advice Needed: my DS dad s gf yelled at him today he...

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM
  • 21 Replies

my DS dad's gf, yelled at him today( he and her gd colored on her wall) he tells me and says she thinks im stupid. so I call to have her talk to him, all I get is horrible names called to me and my ex on the phone letting her. How would you handle this with your child?

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Does he know better than to color on a wall which is not approved?  I would tell him he needs to listen to any adult as long as they are not telling him to do something dangerous like "go run out in the road" .   I would talk to the other female about not using any negative names towards me or the child.  That would be unacceptable.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM
4 moms liked this

It wasn't your place to call her. You should have talked to dad to find out their side of the story and discussed with dad how the situation was handled.

Cindy18
by Cruella on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Well, she has every right to be mad that any child colored on the walls. You should talk to the father, your ex, in an adult way about what happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lottie925
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM
How old is your son?
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Your DS deserved a good yelling at.

The rest of your post is really hard to read. I'm not sure who yelled at you or what that is about.

Either way, stay out of the discipline at ther house.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Do you permit coloring on the walls at your house?  I don't know anyone who permits that and by the time a child is in school, they should know better than to color on walls.

NaviasMaw
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM

No I dont allow my son to color on walls, he did this with her granddaughter they are the same age.  I was calling her for she could speak to my son on how he was feeling "that she thought he was stupid" I wasnt calling to yell at her or for her to explain that she was mad I would of been too. she started calling me nasty names then gave the phone to my ex. who did nothing. I am pissed now that she couldnt act as an adult, and speak to a child that she scolded.  Sad part is he was in trouble, but kind of got off of it all because she showed her behind.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

So she yelled at you too?  I would have hung up on her and left the situation alone.  You have to realize that you can't control things that don't happen in your own house.  Just like you wouldn't want your Ex to tell you how to handle things in your home, he doesn't want your input on things in his.

NaviasMaw
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM
so I was suppose to let my son feel that he was stupid? and hope that my ex would figure it out
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Here is a novel idea - you talk to your child.

I really don't understand why dad or dad's girl friend has to talk to your child about this.  Your child is at home with you and upset, so you should talk with him about it.  It sounds to me like you are craving some drama and are trying to get a bunch of strangers to tell you that you are right and justified over making a stink with the girl friend.

In a nutshell, talk to your kid and let the rest of it go!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN