Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bug bite??

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:02 AM
  • 28 Replies

Mobile Photo

What does this look like? Bug bite? Josh woke up and i found this on his leg. It itches i think. Hard to tell with him.
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama-smurf
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Mobile Photo

My baby boy <3
soymujer
by Mikki on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Can't really tell by the picture. 

family in the van   Mom of four

mama-smurf
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM
He was moving. Sorry. I can take better picture when he gets home from school.

Quoting soymujer:

Can't really tell by the picture. 

carakitty
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I can't tell either.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Yeah the pic is too blurry to tell anything.

AydensMommy1008
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Looks like it, try some cortisone cream on it, that will help with the itching and irriation.. if it gets bigger and not any better in a couple days though then I'd be concerned. But Cort cream should help alot, put it on a couple times a day.

mama-smurf
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Ill take a better picture when he gets home. Won't be long. Sorry.
meam4444
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:18 PM

No worries!  I hope it has gotten better.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Ill take a better picture when he gets home. Won't be long. Sorry.

Saharra
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Try some Benedryl cream.... Or you can use the liquid, but DO NOT USE BOTH! Or you can use the liquid and then the cortisone cream. Should help with itching and swelling. It kinda looks like a bug bite to me that he had a bad reaction to (from what I can see on my phone ;) also ice it for 15 min on, 15 min off. If it looks like it's growing quickly- (I didn't see how long he had had it!), take him in. But I suspect if he woke up with it (which is what my kids do), and he was at school all day he's probably ok as long as it's not near the neck or face. (Which it looks like you are good there ;) If you want- you can take a pen or marker (just know marker will get on everything but it washes out easy) and mark around the outside of the red circle on his arm. Watch for two hours. If the red goes out of the circle drastically in that time, you need to go in.
Other then that, I think he will be good to go :) Can you tell we've done bug bites a number of times? My kids are allergic to every bug outside! I think I'm gonna get a bubble to put them in for the summer......
mama-smurf
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM
That's good you know your stuff and wow i never knew someone could be allergic to bugs

Quoting Saharra:

Try some Benedryl cream.... Or you can use the liquid, but DO NOT USE BOTH! Or you can use the liquid and then the cortisone cream. Should help with itching and swelling. It kinda looks like a bug bite to me that he had a bad reaction to (from what I can see on my phone ;) also ice it for 15 min on, 15 min off. If it looks like it's growing quickly- (I didn't see how long he had had it!), take him in. But I suspect if he woke up with it (which is what my kids do), and he was at school all day he's probably ok as long as it's not near the neck or face. (Which it looks like you are good there ;) If you want- you can take a pen or marker (just know marker will get on everything but it washes out easy) and mark around the outside of the red circle on his arm. Watch for two hours. If the red goes out of the circle drastically in that time, you need to go in.

Other then that, I think he will be good to go :) Can you tell we've done bug bites a number of times? My kids are allergic to every bug outside! I think I'm gonna get a bubble to put them in for the summer......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)