Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Oh, the things they say!

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 6 Replies

So, I was taking my kids to school this morning and my daughter repeated something my 8 year old said.  He then goes "Seriously, you don't know how to talk.  I talk like a guy!"  We all cracked up.  Then she says "You crack me up!"  And he goes "you drive me crazy!" 

What are some funny things your kids have said?

family in the van   Mom of four

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM

A few weeks ago my 12 year old had a bad cold and she didn't want to go to school. After telling her she didn't have a fever so she had to go, she said "But I might be outrageous!" She meant to say "contagious". I cracked up and when she realized what she'd said she started laughing too.

MommyO2-6631
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM
we are looking to buy a house and I asked my eight year old what he wanted in our new home. He said stairs and four bedrooms. I asked why four because we only have him and his brother. He told me "One for you, one for me, one for brother, and one for Colton (my husband)". Lol. He thinks the only reason we share a room is because we don't have space to each have our own. Such innocence.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:38 PM

That is really funny!

My son was writing a story & asked me how to spell 'insulated'. So I did & he wrote 'insulated by Augie' - it was then that I realized he meant 'illustrated'. lol

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

A few weeks ago my 12 year old had a bad cold and she didn't want to go to school. After telling her she didn't have a fever so she had to go, she said "But I might be outrageous!" She meant to say "contagious". I cracked up and when she realized what she'd said she started laughing too.

October is Celiac Awareness Month - undiagnosed Celiac disease is a risk factor for miscarriages & a cause of unexplained infertility. Only 1 out of every 5-6 people with Celiacs have been diagnosed.  csaceliacs.org, celiac.com National Foundation for Celiac Awareness

Gwen (43) David (56) Augie (6.5) Alex (4.5)

meam4444
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM

lol!  My five year old is always saying things which makes me stop in my track and just giggle....now, if I could only remeber them!  She just said something today too.

cindilou13
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My DS9 recently exclaimed during a Cub Scout meeting (full of 8-9 boys and lots of parents and den leaders) that he wanted to go BACK to the "Exotic FEMALE Rescue Center"!  He meant "FELINE"...we had recently been and they were asked to name somewhere within 50 miles they wanted to go. We were all cracking up. 

I also had to laugh, we were at Disney World last week and also went to LegoLand.  On one of the rides, only two people could fit.  The sign reads, "You must be 48" to ride alone.  Under 48" must be accompanied by a responsible adult."   So DH says he'll ride with DD and DS can ride alone.  The ride operator says well the two kids can ride together, since he is over 48" and she is old enough to sit still-not a toddler who'll try to get up. They say ok.  And then DS looks at DH and says with all seriousness, "Well Dad, I guess that makes me a responsible adult!"

snowmommy0406
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Last night we were having a family board game night. Well my ds (just turned 7 last week) was sitting with my mom and he turns to her and very loudly asks, "Grandma, why do your arms have flab and mine only muscles?" Being the kind if family we are it didn't hurt feelings, just made everyone laugh, but man kids come up with great stuff. My mom's response was that she didn't get much exercise at her work desk all day, and sure didn't so the amount of pushups to build muscles that he does every week between karate class and football practice for not following directions

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN