Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Does the principal . . .

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 36 Replies

Does the principal at your child's school oversee more than one school? 

If so, how many schools do they over see and how does that work?  Do the spend one day here and the next day there?  Half days at each school?

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope never heard of them doing that here..
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:36 PM

No ours is FT. It's so hard for teachers to split, I can't imagine the logistics for an administrator.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:39 PM
No. One principal for each school in our district.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm right there with ya.  I recently found out that the principals for a neighboring school district have 3 schools under them and I can't imagine how they manage that.  It made me wonder if this happens elsewhere or if it is some crazy cost saving plan that this district is implementing.

Quoting mjande4:

No ours is FT. It's so hard for teachers to split, I can't imagine the logistics for an administrator.

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM
In a different town I worked in, our principal oversaw 2 schools. Our school was a small preschool/kindergarten and the other was a regular k-6 school with a districtwide behavior program. I don't remember how often he was at our school but basically the senior teacher and the secretary ran it. If you weren't in good with them, watch out!
Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:43 PM

One principal per school in our district, to my knowledge.

I know they've done some re-arranging, and some buildings house two elementary schools. I would assume that in that case, the principal is for both schools since usually one of the two schools has very low enrollment and is then in the process of being phased-out.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM

That is interesting.  In the case of the district near me, all of the schools involved are K-5 and not housed in the same building, but in neighboring small towns a few miles away from each other.

Quoting disneymom2two:

In a different town I worked in, our principal oversaw 2 schools. Our school was a small preschool/kindergarten and the other was a regular k-6 school with a districtwide behavior program. I don't remember how often he was at our school but basically the senior teacher and the secretary ran it. If you weren't in good with them, watch out!

SouthernMamaof1
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Our principals don't.  The assistant principals at our elementary schools do.  I'm not sure exactly how they split it up since I'm at a middle school.

Jellybean1123
by Jocelyn on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Each school here has it's own principal, but where I lived before the principal had 3 schools. I'm not completely sure how it worked for him, but it did take him 4 days to get back to me the one time I needed to speak with him about an issue we had with my son's teacher.

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:59 PM
We used to we had a primary (Bk-2) and an elementary (3-5) The principal was eather at the elementary because that's where the administration was or IDK. It was very rare that he was at the primary school.

He ended up getting quiting in the middle of the year because he wasn't doing his job or something. He had already been demoted from high school to elementary. I think he was saying he was going to the primary school and going home. He was told by a few parents to quit or they were going to the school board meeting and he quit that day. IDK, what exactly they had one him.

They ended up closing the elementary school and split the grades between the primary and middle school. (building was 100 years old)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)