Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Small children at R rated movies

Posted by   + Show Post

I will admit I judged some parents harshly today. My husband and I went to see "Bad Grandpa".  There were four different families that brought children 4/5 years of age. I'm no prude, believe you me, but I could not believe they subjected their kids to that content. The movie was hilarious, but not appropriate for young kids at all.

Thoughts?

ETA: I don't think all R- rated movies are wholly inappropriate, but there is no question that "Bad Grandpa" is. It was created by the same people who made "Jackass" for goodness sakes. I haven't laughed that hard in a while, BUT it was NO place for a child.

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
Saharra
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:33 AM
This. And wow.... My 6yr old is very "behind" to a lot of these kids on here and at school. He's still happy watching "Nickjr". But in my eyes, why push him? But on the other hand- I'm not dealing with him trying to cuss AT ALL. I'm not dealing with nightmares EVER. Absolutely not dealing with anything sexual or bed wetting. And he's not pushing for other tv shows or anything. If he asks for something more mature I am ready for him to ask, but he hasn't, so I don't see a need to push. Besides that- we are outside a lot (usually playing in the mud). Not in front of the TV.

Quoting saywatuwill:

That age range... I wouldn't. A baby sleeping on my chest in a carrier (under 6 months type age) I'd be okay because the kid will sleep and not remember it. But that age just doesn't make sense to me. 

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:45 AM

I hate when people bring kids to R rated movies.  If you really want to expose your kid to inappropriate material, wait until it comes out on dvd and show them at home.

AmyR13
by New Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:09 AM

there were kids when my dh and I went to see it too. we couldnt believe people brought their kids to see it!!!

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Personally, I wouldn't take young kids to an R rated movie w/o seeing it first.

mommyinindiana
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't allow my kids to watch a lot of things that they want to watch, because they are KIDS! Idk why ppl don't care about what they expose there kids to anymore. I remember being a kid and my mom taking me to see a scary movie and to this day I can't watch a scary or gory movie without having bad nightmares.
mickstinator
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:25 AM
I think that is totally inappropriate. The only remotely justifiable situation would be a baby that is oblivious to movie altogether.
tinkerbellbay
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:32 AM

At that age no way would I 

cjsbmom
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with you here. This is disturbing reading about the kinds of movies and shows people are allowing their young kids to watch. Dexter? Walking Dead? Seriously? No wonder we have so many kids in this world walking around with no sense of reality and what will really happen if you pull the trigger on a real gun. *sigh*

Quoting veezy:

Laugh My Ass Off....I literally did the quick sign up JUST so I could respond to this....you can ban me if you want afterward here goes: 
Are you guys that let your little CHILDREN go see R-Rated movies on FUCKING DRUGS?!?! REALLY. REALLY?! As a former psychology major with friends colleagues in the field this is ABSURD TO HEAR... to expose  your children to such material before they are even emotionally able to comprehend it....LAUGHABLE.....

Chunkymunkey922
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Thats the jackass movie right?? I would not go see that, no way I would ever take a child. My exdh and I went to see the Rob Zombie verison of Halloween when it came out. These people came in with a kid that could not have have been 4. :/
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:46 AM
I'd be annoyed if they were talking the whole time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)