Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What Halloween costumes make you cringe when you see them?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 36 Replies

I was reading the stir article about costumes that make you cringe. I wasn't bothered by some of them but one or two had me wondering, "What were they thinking".

Have you seen any costumes that have made you cringe or wonder 'what were they thinking'?

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TonyaLea
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I witnessed a young lady dressing into a "sexy nurse" costume, complete with dress that barely covered her rear and a bright red garter, in the locker room of the YMCA right as a group of small children (my daghter included) were getting out of swim lessons and entering to shower off and change.  That made me shake my head a little, but my 5 year old doens't really understand inappropriate vs. appropriate dress, so it wasn't a big deal.

MaMa_Te3
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I've seen some distasteful costumes, but none that were really cringe worthy. I do get slightly annoyed by civilian adults wearing military uniforms as costumes, especially the "sexy" versions of them. That irritates me lol.

idlehands
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

This one irked me this year, as a former anorexic. Apparently it's perfectly okay to make fun of someone's illness, so long as it's a mental illness.

meam4444
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Wow that is horrible.  :(

Quoting idlehands:

This one irked me this year, as a former anorexic. Apparently it's perfectly okay to make fun of someone's illness, so long as it's a mental illness.

meam4444
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I haven't seen any lately. 

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I haven't seen any cringe worthy ones lately.
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM

That one is in the article I read. 

Quoting idlehands:

XOXOnBubbles
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Most of the "sexy" or "naughty" costumes they are making for teenage girls and younger.  A lot of them look like they belong in a lingerie store and there is no way I would be seen in one let alone let my daughter wear them!  

Rbrown72707
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate those costumes with the masks where they squeeze a button and blood comes down.  They're gross and scary for little kids.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I personally shake my head at any adult costume, its just not my thing and I think that it is silly.  *shrugs* To each their own though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)