Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

my daughters teacher

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 97 Replies

at the beginning of the year i loved my daughters new teacher. she sends home a note at the end of each week with all note to parents and the homework for the next week. i love it. but she is failing in other areas and it is starting to bother me. yesterday she sent home a reminder that wasn't really a reminder as it was the first note sent home about it. saying they needed to bring in a small pumpkin by Monday and no later than Tuesday. well yesterday was Monday and i did not have time to go buy one that night for her to take the today. so now my daughter doesn't have one. over a week age they sent home notes for teacher conferences saying what days and time slots there where and to pick two choice that would work best for us. i picked the earliest time for either day which is 3:30. and put a note in there saying i needed the earliest time for either day because of my childrens after school activities.  she was then supposed to send home a note with the time and day she was able to put you in. well she sent it home today and the conference is tomorrow. and it is for 4:30. my son has a t ball game that we have to leave the house at 5:30 for. i normally feed them dinner before we go but now i cant because i would have to give it to them at 3:30 in the afternoon. so now they wont get to eat till like 7:30 and it will have to be something from a drive through. i am not happy about this at all. i do not understand why she could not accommodate my needs or offer another day to me or something. 

Sarah      10-16-06                                     Luciano 11-27-08

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilliesValley
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd just see if you could do it on another day but one day of eating early or late isn't a big deal. Seems like she maybe needs to communicate somewhat better but honestly she probably did the best she could for the conferences. Our school you sign up online so if the times gone you are sol. I don't see the big issue other than you didn't get the time you wanted, life's not fair so.... the pumpkin you had until tuesday so get off cm and go to the store no big deal.

Buggy979
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds to me like everything else is important if you have time to go on cm you have time to go buy a pumpkin. Before school is also a good time too. Also feed them a late dinner. Why do you have to make them eat so early? 7:30 Is more early and one might isn't going to hurtl them. .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:50 PM

i don't mind feeding them early. normally i make dinner at 6. on days they activities i make dinner as early as 4:30. but 3:30 for dinner is just way to early. and 7:30 is way late since they go to bed at 8. and today was Tuesday they needed the pumpkin today at the latest but never sent any note home about it until yesterday. and i did not have the time to go last night due to homework and practices. 

Quoting LilliesValley:

I'd just see if you could do it on another day but one day of eating early or late isn't a big deal. Seems like she maybe needs to communicate somewhat better but honestly she probably did the best she could for the conferences. Our school you sign up online so if the times gone you are sol. I don't see the big issue other than you didn't get the time you wanted, life's not fair so.... the pumpkin you had until tuesday so get off cm and go to the store no big deal.

ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:54 PM

they needed the pumpkin by today and did not send a note home about it till yesterday. i did not have time to get one last night between homework and practices. i don't make them eat early i normally make dinner at six unless they have a game or meeting to go to then i make it at 4:30 or 5:45 depending on what we have to go do. but in order to feed them tomorrow before his game since the conference is at 4:30 i would have to feed them at 3:30. 7:30 is a late dinner and they have to be in bed by 8. 

Quoting Buggy979:

Sounds to me like everything else is important if you have time to go on cm you have time to go buy a pumpkin. Before school is also a good time too. Also feed them a late dinner. Why do you have to make them eat so early? 7:30 Is more early and one might isn't going to hurtl them. .

Buggy979
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:57 PM
3 moms liked this
Why didn't you when you dropped her off at school go yo the store a buy a pumpkin and then bring back to school before they were going to carve it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

You seem to be assuming that an earlier note wasn't sent home.  I would be extra diligent about reading the school/class newsletter, going through my kid's backpack, etc.  and know that IF the pumpkin thing was a big deal to your child, then THEY would have reminded you.  KWIM?

ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:12 PM

they aren't carving them they are rolling them floating them and such. they wanted the tiny pumpkins that a child can fit in one hand.

Quoting Buggy979:

Why didn't you when you dropped her off at school go yo the store a buy a pumpkin and then bring back to school before they were going to carve it

ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:14 PM

they have a binder that is sent home every day with all notes and such in it. i check it every day as well as her whole backpack and such. there was no earlier note. and i read everything that the teacher or school sends home.

Quoting mjande4:

You seem to be assuming that an earlier note wasn't sent home.  I would be extra diligent about reading the school/class newsletter, going through my kid's backpack, etc.  and know that IF the pumpkin thing was a big deal to your child, then THEY would have reminded you.  KWIM?

Buggy979
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Ok whatever they are doing you should have gone to the store either before school or even right after you dropped her off. Just saying

Quoting ambermario4ever:

they aren't carving them they are rolling them floating them and such. they wanted the tiny pumpkins that a child can fit in one hand.

Quoting Buggy979:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:22 PM

i did not have time before school and i have another child at home that i home school i have other responsibilities to attend to as well as i work from home. i am sure since she sent the note home the day before they absolutely had to have them that i am not the only one that did not send one in.

Quoting Buggy979:

Ok whatever they are doing you should have gone to the store either before school or even right after you dropped her off. Just saying

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting Buggy979:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN