Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Birthday?

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:23 AM
  • 16 Replies

DD's birthday is Monday and I have no idea what to do for her at school. I got her a pink sash that says "Birthday Princess" to wear and plan to go eat lunch with her but since we can't bring in cupcakes or anything I don't know what to do to make it special for her. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:45 AM

You're not allowed to bring in anything for the class? Or you just can't bring food? If it's allowed, you could always make up some fun, non-food, goodie bags to pass out. If healthy snacks are allowed, you could make an Edible Arrangements type fruit thing...

MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:01 AM

I would make little goody bags to pass around and maybe get a tiara she can wear.  We can't bring cupcakes for their birthday either so that's what I will be doing next year.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Personally, I think the sash and having lunch w/ her would be enough. I can completely understand wanting to make her day extra-special, but if you do too much, it will be distractive/disruptive to the class's routine.

LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:24 AM

We are not aloud to bring treats or goodie bags in for the kids birthday. When the kids have a birthday they get a hat to wear and special chair to see and they can bring something special in to share on there birthday. Having the sash and going out to lunch is really special she doesn't need anything else. My oldest's birthday is next month and on his birhtday we are all going out to dinner and taking him to toy r us to pick out his birthday present.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM

My kids' new school encourages bringing something for the class (to be given out at lunch time) and we are allowed to bring food (even homemade! WOW!).

If you can bring food (but not sweets) and if it has to be pre-packaged, I would bring the individual bags of sliced apples & grapes to hand out at snack time or during lunch. 

If you can't bring food, I would bring little goodie bags with stickers or tattoos & punch balloons (my kids LOVE having those in their favor bags for every occassion - LOL).

Of course, what you have planned already is great too so don't feel obligated to bring anything.

Happy Birthday to your little one!

sammyreymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM

What about decorate your cubie area?  Also, can you send pencils or erasers instead of a treat?

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM

This...

Quoting wakymom:

Personally, I think the sash and having lunch w/ her would be enough. I can completely understand wanting to make her day extra-special, but if you do too much, it will be distractive/disruptive to the class's routine.

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

shellybird
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM

In my DD school the teacher makes the b-day child feel special enough.  She makes them a crown, they are classroom help, line leader, etc... I think that what you are doing durning school hours are enough, what about a special dinner that night or bowling or movie? 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Why do you have to do something more to make it special for her?  I don't do anything at school for my boys birthdays and it doesn't bother them in the least.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM
The sash is cute! DD was born on Thanksgiving Day (we call her our little turkey) so I ordered pencils with turkeys on them that say Happy Thanksgiving so she'll give those out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)