Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Probably a no brainer

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
  • 34 Replies
Kindle Fire or Barbie Dream House for a 7-year-old. She wants the house for her monster highs and has asked for it for years. We really can't afford both. We already have the house, but I'm confident we can sell it NIB on Craig's List. .
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Has she asked for the Kindle?
Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM
No. Lol

She loves our iPhones for MH videos. I don't think she realizes she can do internet on a kindle fire. I really don't think she would expect us to get her one either.

Quoting -42-:Has she asked for the Kindle?
-42-
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM
3 moms liked this
If she's asked for the house for so long and never mentioned the other, I would give her the house.

You could always do the kindle for her birthday or next Christmas, if you really want her to have one. I would be too worried about spending so much on a tablet and her end up not being very interested.

Quoting Impressionists:

No. Lol

She loves our iPhones for MH videos. I don't think she realizes she can do internet on a kindle fire. I really don't think she would expect us to get her one either.

Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Possibly you're right. And it would be the more expensive item. I'm still not sure though.

Quoting -42-:If she's asked for the house for so long and never mentioned the other, I would give her the house.

You could always do the kindle for her birthday or next Christmas, if you really want her to have one. I would be too worried about spending so much on a tablet and her end up not being very interested.

Quoting Impressionists:No. Lol

Mipsy
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I say the house since that's what she's asked for
Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I thought the no brainer would be to get her the kindle!

Quoting Mipsy:

Yeah, I say the house since that's what she's asked for

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

barbie dream house is what i would get her.  It has more imaginative play involved then kindle fire.

Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:46 PM
My husband is leaning that way, too.

Quoting frndlyfn:

barbie dream house is what i would get her.  It has more imaginative play involved then kindle fire.

Cherish77
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I would get my kids the house before I would ever think of a Kindle.  IMO I don't think kids need any electronics costing more than $50.

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I've seen the one you're talking about. I know several little girls that asked for that house. I'd get her the house. Maybe the kindle for next year or her bday
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN