Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

HEY! Wait your turn!

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:22 AM
  • 50 Replies
6 moms liked this

It seems like Christmas begins to start sooner and sooner every year and Thanksgiving is totally over shadowed.  How do you feel about this?  Are you one of the ones who refused to put up any Christmas decorations prior to Thanksgiving or are you already thinking about getting the sleigh and reindeer out?

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyBoha
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I can't wait to decorate!! Thanksgiving isn't a big deal here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM

How soon do you think you'll put your decorations up?  I have to find some time in my schedule, not to mention a day that the weather is decent to do the outside stuff.

Quoting MommyBoha:

urbpro
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Funny, I was just complaining about this! Every year, the city puts up decorations on all the light posts. They have been doing this earlier and earlier every year, and the last few years, they have gone up the day after Halloween. Well, this year, the decorations went up a couple of days BEFORE Halloween! It's crazy, lol. I like to wait until the week of Thanksgiving to drag out the Christmas stuff and put up our decorations. It keeps the kids occupied while they are home and we are preparing for Thanksgiving :o)

MommyBoha
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Soon!! I'm really trying to force myself to wait till closer to Thanksgiving, but I don't know if I will make it. Lol

Quoting steelcrazy:

How soon do you think you'll put your decorations up?  I have to find some time in my schedule, not to mention a day that the weather is decent to do the outside stuff.

Quoting MommyBoha:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Personally I love Thanksgiving. We try to get our lights up before it gets buttass cold but we don't put the tree up or anything till after Thanksgiving.
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
One holiday at a time here!!!
coleysmama
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:59 AM
3 moms liked this
I decorate the day after Thanksgiving.
mom2kortni
by New Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Quoting mommaFruFru:

One holiday at a time here!!!
Maries_Mom23
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:03 AM

No joke!  Friday, the girls and I ran into Dollar Tree to get a couple of things real quick before picking up DH.  The whole front of the store was nothing but Christmas!  The girls wanted to do some fall decorating and with money being so tight, I thought I'd just get a few cheap things there, but saw nothing!   Guess I'll have to find some Michael's/Joann Fabrics coupons now!  

jaytee
by Jen on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Omg! Most of the stores here had Christmas stuff on display before Halloween! Annoying! Don't get me wrong I love Christmas but that's too early, IMO.

I don't get out Christmas decor until the day after Thanksgiving.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)