Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Christmas present ideas

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 36 Replies

I'm so at a loss this year! I have a seven year old (8 in Feb) and I can't think of what to get her for her main Christmas gift. She hasn't given me any real ideas. I don't really want to get her electronics; she already has a leap pad (from a few years ago) and she has a ton of games on my iPad. Any ideas? What are you getting your similar aged girls? 

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SnortysMom
by CatMarie on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a daughter, but rather an 8 year old niece. I'm going to get her a pair of roller skates, a gift card to Color Me Mine and a Hello Kitty watch.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:34 PM
DD is 10 but a couple years ago her big gift was a new bike.

She did and does like zoobles, barbies, sports stuff (roller skates, balls,kites).

This year she really wants a puppy or kitten. I am talking to DH about a cat.

We often do things like home made certificates.for things..one year we took DS to a nascar race, DD is getting a gift card.to go horsebqck riding, stuff pike "go do --- with Mom and Dad"
Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Does she have a bike?

What are some of her interests? Maybe a gift related to her interests would be nice.

Arwynn
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:44 PM
What about a certificate for a Girl's Day Out? Take her to get her nails done, maybe a quick trim and style, favorite lunch place, and a new outfit.
toriandgrace
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM

She's spoiled rotten which is part of the problem. Lol She can't do athletic stuff because of a heart condition (so no horse back riding lessons, sports equipment, trampoline, etc) and she has a bike already. She loves animals and crafting, she's a technology junkie (which is why I vote against electronics). I can think of lots of little gift ideas for her, but I like to get my kids one substantial gift and a few smaller things. Her little brother is getting a train table, so I hate to just get her crafts KWIM? 

LaughCryLive
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I think I might get DD a pair of ice skates.

Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Quoting toriandgrace:

She's spoiled rotten which is part of the problem. Lol She can't do athletic stuff because of a heart condition (so no horse back riding lessons, sports equipment, trampoline, etc) and she has a bike already. She loves animals and crafting, she's a technology junkie (which is why I vote against electronics). I can think of lots of little gift ideas for her, but I like to get my kids one substantial gift and a few smaller things. Her little brother is getting a train table, so I hate to just get her crafts KWIM? 

What about a gift certificate for art classes?

Does she have any interest in music? Would she like some kind of musical instrument and some private lessons?

KidsHomeSafe
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi :)  I'm not sure what kind of space you have to work with, butif she loves crafts, how about making or finding a craft table for her to do her crafts, coloring, etc?  You could decorate the top with pictures of her favorite things (animals, etc) and then put a layer of clear poly over it to preserve the pictures.  Then you could get various craft supplies to go with her new table.  Just a suggestion to throw into the mix! :)

xtwistedxlovex
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:03 AM
It's electronic, but if she loves animals she might like a furby.

What kind of crafting is she into? An easel and canvas would be good if she likes to paint, or a full set of drawing pencils/charcoal/oil pastels if she prefers drawing, or perhaps a starter sewing machine?
workathomemom77
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM

My daughter has been asking for a electric scooter by razor.. I think it runs for $149 at toys r us .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)