Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

tired of seeing crack

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:11 AM
  • 26 Replies
No matter what kind of jeans I buy for my son I see his butt crack. I know I'm buying the right size but After about 3-4 hours I guess they loosen up and work their way down. He's in kindergarten and not able to wear a belt to school yet cause he can't buckle it by himself. Is there a solution? I constantly telling him pull your pants up. I've resorted to buying longer shirts just to cover the problem
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SahmTam
by Tammy on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:17 AM
2 moms liked this
There are belts that they make that have a magnetic buckle. I used those for my little kids because they are easy to take apart and put together and they held up the pants on my little skinny-butted kiddo. :-) I forget where I got them, but Google probably knows!
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Have him wear boxer briefs and a much longer shirt. I have two boys and never had this problem to tell you the truth.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:38 AM
6 moms liked this

Adjustable waist pants

soymujer
by Mikki on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

This is what I buy my youngest because he's so skinny.  He needs size 7 in lengthbut a 5 or 6 in waist.  Those adjustable waist are a God send!

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Adjustable waist pants

family in the van   Mom of four

cindilou13
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Adjustable waist definitely!  Buy undershirts in the next size up they are longer and cover it kids are all wearing layers anyway so he'll look fine. Or boxers, either by themselves or over underwear and under pants, so even if the pants are too low the crack won't show. 

I am having trouble with this with DD6 to an extent.  She has a long torso and long legs and right now no pants fit correctly-if she bends over there it is.  The 'rise' is not high enough on the styles right now.  I've been putting cami's under her shirts, buying longer shirts, and putting her in lots of dresses with leggings- I know that's not an option for your DS : ).

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:14 AM

My son needs an 8 for length but still wears 6s in shorts so I feel your pain. Adjustable waists are great!

Quoting soymujer:

This is what I buy my youngest because he's so skinny.  He needs size 7 in lengthbut a 5 or 6 in waist.  Those adjustable waist are a God send!

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Adjustable waist pants

RhondaJ
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I would try this!

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Adjustable waist pants

lenashark
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Adjustable waist for now and practice with him everyday how to use a belt.

cherylmoore
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I do buy adjustable waist but it still happens. Example yesterday morning he put his jeans on I had to loosen the waist cause I couldn't get them buttoned. He's for a little bit of a belly recently but not much. After church I had to tighten them up cause they were falling down. Than before church last night had to tighten them again. Ugh I guess boxers And undershirts are going too be my answer
Dodie702
by Doriane on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I love adjustable waisted jeans! They are very helpful. Children's Place has them on sale for $10 right now and they have a coupon code for 25% off your purchase on their website. Its a great deal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)