Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Teachers...what do you like??

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 46 Replies

What are good Christmas gifts for teachers?  I like to show appreciation to the ones who put up with my maniacs all day, because I would never have the patience.  I know some parents give things like candles and coffee mugs.  But is there something that teachers would like?  Weather is be school/classroom related, or something to do outside of school, because everyone needs downtime.

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TatyBear
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:31 AM
3 moms liked this
I am making my kids teachers sashay scarfs this year. And the teachers aids. One in kinder and one is in an isp class.

I.am also doing $20.00 gift cards each to Tim Horton's and my kids are making Decoupage personalized clip boards for their teachers.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I love Starbucks gift cards!  Actually, I love all gift cards.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Gift cards are always great. 

I also like getting things like candles and plants that get used. KWIM?

Decor kind of stuff is tricky because you really don't know the teacher's personal taste. 

Coffey mugs are kind of an inside joke because we get so many of them. 

But anything is appreciated. The best thing is a heart felt note letting the teacher know you think she does a good job. We hear from unhappy parents all the time. It's much less common to hear that we are doing a good job. 

tcallisto
by Theresa on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM

What a good idea!! Thank you :)  It's funny how I have been thinking so hard about it, something simple like that never even popped in my head :)

Quoting mjande4:

I love Starbucks gift cards!  Actually, I love all gift cards.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I always get something that is for the TEACHER and not the classroom, i.e. movie tickets, dinner, etc.  The coffee mug thing is funny though.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Decor kind of stuff is tricky because you really don't know the teacher's personal taste. 

But anything is appreciated. The best thing is a heart felt note letting the teacher know you think she does a good job. We hear from unhappy parents all the time. It's much less common to hear that we are doing a good job. 

tcallisto
by Theresa on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for the ideas.  You all are making this so much simpler than I was..  LOL.  I wish teachers got more respect and appreciation.  I always feel the parents that complain and are unhappy about everything need to do more to help their child and teacher make it a successful year.  So thank you, even though you aren't one of my kids teachers!

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM

NO COFFEE MUGS!!!! :-)

Gift cards for any place. Office supplies (post it's, pens, markers, air freshener, etc) are always appreciated.

There are lots of really cute ideas for teachers on Pinterest.

But again, NO COFFEE MUGS!!!!

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I don't mind classroom supplies. We have little to no budget at our school for those things so I buy out of my own pocket sometimes so even classroom supplies are good to me. :-)

Quoting mjande4:

I always get something that is for the TEACHER and not the classroom, i.e. movie tickets, dinner, etc.  The coffee mug thing is funny though.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Moyzila
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Last year I made her kindergartin teacher a key pendant with beads but it was near the end of the school year not for Christmas. This year I think I'll make a bracelet for her 1st grade teacher.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't mind supplies either. 

I'd prefer parents spend their money on things the class will use than a little trinket for me. There's only so many places I can display little figurines or decorative items. 

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

I don't mind classroom supplies. We have little to no budget at our school for those things so I buy out of my own pocket sometimes so even classroom supplies are good to me. :-)

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN