Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

?? QOTD ??- Music

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Jen
  • 26 Replies

What kind of music do you like? What kind of music do your kiddos like?

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SahmTam
by Tammy on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I like country. The kids like country and also their Bible song CDs (they have quite a few.)

Mommabearbergh
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Old school, jazz, blues, baroque , country
Dd likes pop and some old school
Dodie702
by Doriane on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I'm into rock and alternative. My kids haven't got into music yet. They are still at the age where, if its upbeat, they like it.
Cindy18
by Cruella on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I am very eclectic but my go to is Country. But I like some Kid Rock, Aerosmith, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry.....

DD is alternative

DS#1 is Jazz

DS#2 is more like me but his go to is Old School Rock.

soymujer
by Mikki on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I like most music.  I don't like the music my hubby listens to which is death metal.  My daughter likes pop mainly, oldest likes Christian, youngest likes whatever and not sure what my middle son likes.

family in the van   Mom of four

JLC_mama
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Country
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cindilou13
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I like metal/hard rock/alternative, from 80's to 00's...I don't like but a few current things.  I like a select few country artists/songs.  I like some pop/popular music mainly from 80's and a little 90's...can't stand pretty much any modern 'pop' music.  DH likes only pop music for the most part, 80's-00's and even some of today's. He also is Disney obsessed and has tons of Disney CD's in the car.

Neither of the kids are much into music specifically yet...in the car with DH, they listen to his stuff.  With me, I can play music from my phone through the car system, so we take turns selecting songs.  I always select something I like but think they might too, and both have liked most of what I've played them.  Both like a few country songs-they say they sound like Papaw singing (he plays in a band-they play older country/bluegrass).

If you asked them what they liked, they'd name specific songs but not really artists lol.  DS's favorite song  though is Black Sabbath's Iron Man and DD's is Scorpions' Send Me An Angel. 

GwenMB
by Gwen on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I've always liked country, but haven't listened to it much in years.  I mostly listen to Christian music now.

My boys also love Christian music & like many of the preschool age songs & music on the Wee Sing cds.  Wee Sing Dinosaurs is popular with the whole family.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I  listen to mostly country, w/ some 80s, show tunes, and a touch of classical mixed in.

Dh listens to country and stuff from the 60s-80s.

The kids all like country, but do have their own preferences. Ds1 and ds2 prefer stuff from the 80s, w/ some from the 60s and 70s thrown in. Dd likes the 80s stuff along w/ Radio Disney.

LadyAmaranth
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Stuff from the 60's-80's, some country, some black/death metal, some classical.

Kids like stuff in those categories too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN