Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Giving baked goods *edit*

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:20 AM
  • 41 Replies
I was thinking about ds and I making chocolate covered marshmallows with sprinkles for all his teachers (gym, art, music, etc). And putting them in a Christmas box. I'm not sure though because I'm kind of weird about eating things other people make, especially if I've never been to their home. Would you give home made food? Would you eat it?

I asked ds's teacher today and she seemed off put by the question. She said no baked goods are allowed in school
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes!  I LOVE getting those types of things.  I teach in an urban high school and I get homemade salsa, guacamole, tamales, cookies, etc.  I don't believe that people are inherently out to harm you. KWIM  It's a great idea!

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I'm more concerned about cleanliness then someone being out to get me. Thanks for replying! Ds loves making gifts so I know it will mean a lot to him to make these and eating a few as we go will be an added bonus.

Quoting mjande4:

Yes!  I LOVE getting those types of things.  I teach in an urban high school and I get homemade salsa, guacamole, tamales, cookies, etc.  I don't believe that people are inherently out to harm you. KWIM  It's a great idea!

jaytee
by Jen on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I am so happy to hear that you think it is a great idea and that you actually like to receive this type of gift!

I am giving the teachers some baked goodies for Christmas and I hope they enjoy them.

Quoting mjande4:

Liastele
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:33 AM

As long as your child comes to school looking clean with no lice in their hair and roaches spilling out of their backpack I'm sure people will eat what you make them :P

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:36 AM
3 moms liked this
This made me lol, I got a great visual image. Clean is questionable, everyday before school he rolls down the hill in front of the building at least 4 times.

Quoting Liastele:

As long as your child comes to school looking clean with no lice in their hair and roaches spilling out of their backpack I'm sure people will eat what you make them :P

Dodie702
by Doriane on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I think that as long as the school allows baked goods to be brought in you should be fine.
soymujer
by Mikki on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I love getting homemade food!

family in the van   Mom of four

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I honestly have no idea. I'll have to ask.

Quoting Dodie702:

I think that as long as the school allows baked goods to be brought in you should be fine.

PinkButterfly66
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I made fudge for my daughter's teachers last year.   Baked goods are usually well received by teachers.  One year, I made candied peanuts pecans--- ohh they were soo good.  It was a mixture of egg whites, confectioners sugar, cinnamon, cloves and nutmegs and then the pecans were roasted in a low heat oven.  

LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I would make baked goods but we are aloud to make them at all because we have a policy at our schools not baked goods for parites or for teacher gifts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN