Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

surprise in child's backpack...

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 48 Replies

What is the strangest, or most interesting thing you have found in your child's backpack?

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hello_kitty25
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Lots of others kids hmwk...other than that nothing really
XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Yesterday I found a small packet of ranch dressing in my child's backpack.  It had gotten crushed by his books and folders and was everywhere!  It was so gross to try and clean up!  :-P  

jmp1279
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM

another kids school papers

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:52 AM

My 9 year old DD stuffs just about everything in her backpack.  I clean it out daily.  She loves to carry a small stuffed animal in her backpack.  If I didn't check it each day, her backpack would be full of animals & jewelry (she always takes it off when she's at school & puts it in her backpack) and random papers that she doodles on.

My 6 year old never puts anything other than his folder, jacket and/or hat in his backpack.  He's my little "OCD" mini-me...he doesn't like clutter either =0)

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Rocks or seeds. There is a tree on my son's playground that he calls the popcorn tree. He used to bring home seeds off the tree. He collects random rocks so I'm always finding them in his pants pockets and bookbag. He also likes acorns. He's determined to plant an acorn and get the tree to grow. :-)

Jellybean1123
by Jocelyn on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

My 6 y/o ds brought home coconut flavored lip gloss one day a few weeks ago. lol. Turns out the one little girl he sits next to on the bus put it in his bookbag. He gave it back the next day.

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM

A few years ago, dd had brought home yogurt that happened to be open, and I didnt know until the next morning...I had to clean her backpack a few times to get the smell out....Thankfully she had a few other backpacks shecould use...

soymujer
by Mikki on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Rocks, leaves, dirt

family in the van   Mom of four

isaiahsmomSATX
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Rocks, leaves, bugs. My oldest used to put whatever he couldnt fit in his pockets into his bookbag.
CorpCityGrl
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:55 PM

DD goes to pre-school and what I find depends on the day.  She puts just about everything in there from garbage to scraps of paper that I wrote notes on to random toys in the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)