Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

please I'm gonna explode. ...

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM
  • 32 Replies
Ok my 2nd grader is very close ro someone that works in the office in his school and the other day he took a pencil from his treachers desk and the teacher took him to her but and not to the principal (because my son responds better to the lady in the office than anyone else in the school) and the principal walked in while the office lady was talking to my son about what he did the principal got mad and took my son to his office. Well since then I found out this morning that my son has not been to see her and is now being called stupid and being laughed at. He is almost scared to go and tell her what has been happening to him. Oh and come to find out the principal has the right to give the kids 3 licks as punishment if the parent doesn't say otherwise. . My son and the lady in the office have a good bond she takes him to spend the night at her house and to football games and the principal had the adusity to tell her that she could not see my child during or after school hours......
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM

What is this lady's job at the school?

nickjaykob
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:31 AM
She is office coordinator
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

It's not her job to handle discipline. As for paddling, I'm pretty certain it was spelled out in the handbook for your child's school regarding discipline procedures, including paddling and what you should do if you don't want your child paddled. I'm betting you also signed something saying you read the handbook and understand the policies. That's standard at most schools.

If your child is close with that person, is she a relative or what? Regardless, if she is that close with your child, she shouldn't be dealing with discipline of the child anyway. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, but this is why you should always read the school handbook, and everything else that you are asked to sign.

As far as the office lady, close family friends/relatives should not be handeling discipline.  It could be viewed as a comflict of interest and get all parties involved in trouble.  The principal can ask the office coordinator to not have contact with your child during school hours, especially if she wouldn't normally come in contact with him for her job.  After hours is a whole different story.

mamameeshelle88
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Info on paddling is all over the hand book and you should have signed something the beginning of the year acknowledging that you read it.
I dont think your child should see someone hes so attached to for punishment especially if he spends time outside of school. I dont know all the details but that too me doesn't seem like a healthy relationship unless she is family.
As for your principle, if he cant handle things in an adult way and will allow bullying well hes not a very good principle and should be replaced.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

It's not her job to handle discipline. As for paddling, I'm pretty certain it was spelled out in the handbook for your child's school regarding discipline procedures, including paddling and what you should do if you don't want your child paddled. I'm betting you also signed something saying you read the handbook and understand the policies. That's standard at most schools.

If your child is close with that person, is she a relative or what? Regardless, if she is that close with your child, she shouldn't be dealing with discipline of the child anyway. 

othermom
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

This

urbpro
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM
2 moms liked this

There is absolutely no reason an office coordinator should be handling the discipline of the students. Of course, he shouldn't see her during school hours, that is when she should be WORKING! IF they want to have a relationship outside of school and you're o.k. with it then plan it for after school or weekends. If you do not want your son paddled at school then you should speak with the principal and also put it in writing. They cannot touch your son if you have refused.

Johnhenrysgirl
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM

My childrens school sent a form asking if it was okay if they paddle the kids if given a reason; I signed NO. You need to let them know verbally and written that this is not okay with you. Also the principal can not stop anyone from doing anything after school.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Calling someone stupid and laughing at them isn't necessarily bullying. It is not appropriate behavior but it's not always bullying.

Quoting mamameeshelle88:

Info on paddling is all over the hand book and you should have signed something the beginning of the year acknowledging that you read it.
I dont think your child should see someone hes so attached to for punishment especially if he spends time outside of school. I dont know all the details but that too me doesn't seem like a healthy relationship unless she is family.
As for your principle, if he cant handle things in an adult way and will allow bullying well hes not a very good principle and should be replaced.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

GwenMB
by Gwen on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Who is laughing at your son & calling him stupid?  How long has that been going on?  Can he talk to his teacher about it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN