Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

You better watch out . . .

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 51 Replies

you better not better not cry, you better not pout, I'm tellin you why.

sleighSanta Claus is comin to a mall near you!  lol

Does your family visit Santa at the mall or do you see the big man somewhere else?

Do you have any funny stories about visiting with Santa?

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Heck, Santa is already HERE... moved in last week... SMH...

CarlysMommy1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this

We visit Santa, but not every year.  We generally ask our daughter if she wants to go see him and if she does, we take her.  She's usually content to write him a letter and just stand back and look at him for a few minutes when we're in the mall.

We did go see him when she was 5 and it was so funny.  We stood in line forever and watched all of the other kids got on his lap, talk to him for a minute, get their picture taken and then get down and go on their way with their parents.  Our daughter's turn finally came!  She got up on Santa's lap and told him what she wanted and he held up his hand and motioned for us to come over to him.  We hadn't seen him call any other parents over to him, so we were really curious to see what he wanted.  When we walked over to him he whispered to us, "She said she wants a reindeer."  Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

TatyBear
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM
My kids don't believe. But we still do pictures. Lol

When my oldest was 3, she was excited to see him. She sat on his knee and was so freaking adorable
He gave her a candy cane. A few minutes later she choked on it and threw up on her new boots.

She made me take her back to see him, where she told him she changed her mind and now needed new boots and then proceed to tell him. Why.

This is Also the last yr DD believed in Santa......we never did it with the other kids after that.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Same here.  I saw him this weekend and that is what inspired this post.

Do you take your kids to see Santa at the mall?  Are the lines super long?  At my local mall, the wait is several hours long once we get past Thanksgiving.

Quoting STVUstudent:

Heck, Santa is already HERE... moved in last week... SMH...

cjsbmom
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I find mall Santas creepy. So does my 8 year old son, and he refuses to have anything to do with them. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:09 PM

That is so cute.  Did she get one?

Quoting CarlysMommy1:

We visit Santa, but not every year.  We generally ask our daughter if she wants to go see him and if she does, we take her.  She's usually content to write him a letter and just stand back and look at him for a few minutes when we're in the mall.

We did go see him when she was 5 and it was so funny.  We stood in line forever and watched all of the other kids got on his lap, talk to him for a minute, get their picture taken and then get down and go on their way with their parents.  Our daughter's turn finally came!  She got up on Santa's lap and told him what she wanted and he held up his hand and motioned for us to come over to him.  We hadn't seen him call any other parents over to him, so we were really curious to see what he wanted.  When we walked over to him he whispered to us, "She said she wants a reindeer."  Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Oh no!  I think it is funny that she had to go back and see him again to amend her wish list.

Quoting TatyBear:

My kids don't believe. But we still do pictures. Lol

When my oldest was 3, she was excited to see him. She sat on his knee and was so freaking adorable
He gave her a candy cane. A few minutes later she choked on it and threw up on her new boots.

She made me take her back to see him, where she told him she changed her mind and now needed new boots and then proceed to tell him. Why.

This is Also the last yr DD believed in Santa......we never did it with the other kids after that.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:13 PM

We are very lucky to have a great Santa at our mall.  He isn't creepy in the least and looks like the real deal, down to a real white beard and long white hair.  Some of them are really creepy though.

Quoting cjsbmom:

I find mall Santas creepy. So does my 8 year old son, and he refuses to have anything to do with them. 

CarlysMommy1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Santa left her a stuffed reindeer and a reindeer ornament for our Christmas tree.  She was not impressed.  She wanted the real thing.  Apparently she did not appreciate how hard Santa had to look to find a stuffed reindeer.  They aren't the easiest stuffed animals to find.  lol

Quoting steelcrazy:

That is so cute.  Did she get one?

Quoting CarlysMommy1:

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:33 PM

We got see Santa at our mall every year--luckily we never have to wait more than 10-15 minutes, but we also don't go on the weekends!  It kills me to pay through the nose for a photo, but you're not allowed to take your own before purchasing one.  At least one other mall will (or used to) let you take your own, but it's not a great angle.  If a 3rd mall allows it I wouldn't care because their Santa dresses like an overgrown elf...nothing like the traditional red suit outfit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)