Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Thanksgiving crafts? (PIOG)

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM
  • 12 Replies

My kids have the entire week off school for Thanksgiving. We have no plans the weekend before and Monday-Wednesday. I need something to keep them entertained besides playing outside and watching tv. They love doing holiday-related crafts but I don't know what to do for Thanksgiving. 

Also any Thanksgiving themed movies out there? 

Their ages are 7 and 6, and I have a newborn so I really don't want to spend a lot of time on the crafts. Also they need to be relatively cheap, as I don't have any craft supplies (we used up the last bit for Halloween)

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SnowWhieQueen
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:03 PM

peanuts has a thanksgiving movie...i think there others too tho..pine cone turkeys center pieces for the table place mats with hand turkeys on them..

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:18 PM

hand turkeys, pilgrim hats, perhaps make a cornacopia and they can cut/color different things they are thankful for to glue on where fruits/veggies would be.

LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:18 PM

If you have a Michael's near you they have kids clubs on Sat for 2.00 for kids 3 and up.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:43 PM

You can have them make turkeys out of a styrofoam cup by poking small holes all around the sides of the cup.  Instert craft feathers into those holes.  Glue eyes onto the bottom, along with a small triangle of orange paper folded in half as the beak with red yarn or ribbon glued below.  They could also color the face on the bottom.  You can attach string or yarn and hang them.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Here are some cute ideas that look pretty easy.

mama_lively
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:53 PM
You can watch the great pumpkin charlie brown, get thanksgiving themed books from the library, have them do a thankful turkey .. they make a turkey with five feathers on each feather write something they are thanksful for. If you have leaves in the yard have them rake and jump in the leaves. Take a scavenger walk and try to see how many different kinds of leaves you can find.
TonyaLea
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Leaf turkeys for fall fun!

KLmomof2
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:03 PM

cut out a turkey template, and have them "dress it" (decorate it) so that the turkey is in costume and no one will eat it!! :) thats what we do! :) and the kids have fun disquising their turkets here is one my son just did

SnortysMom
by CatMarie on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Those are good ideas! 

Quoting mama_lively:

You can watch the great pumpkin charlie brown, get thanksgiving themed books from the library, have them do a thankful turkey .. they make a turkey with five feathers on each feather write something they are thanksful for. If you have leaves in the yard have them rake and jump in the leaves. Take a scavenger walk and try to see how many different kinds of leaves you can find.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Nov. 16, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Handprint turkeys are fun and cute.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)