Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How much would you pay your kids to do this? ((small edit))

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:30 PM
  • 81 Replies

Poll

Question: How much would you pay your kids for this? (A week)

Options:

Nothing!

$1.00-5$

5-10

Over ten bucks

My kids are too young to do chores.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 82

View Results

I am trying to get my son to be more helpful I was dumb and took the easy way out and let him get away with doing nothing now I am trying to get him to do more but he is saying 5 bucks a week is too cheap.

So this is what I want him to do a day.

Make his bed, put toys (and homeschooling stuff) away, help with indoor chores, show respect, brush his teeth, empty dishwasher, do homework (homeschooling stuff)

So is 5 bucks a week to cheap to do "ALL OF THAT" (His dramatic way of saying it)

Okay so a lot of people have commented that he shouldnt get paid for things like brushing his teeth and doing school work...he isnt the payment is for the other chores but if the fails to do the other things he also will not get paid...

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TatyBear
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Pay what you can. What you decide is what you decide.

I pay my kids too much. You don't even want to know. Lol

5 is totally fine.
Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Ohh I except all of this without fighting to count...

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:34 PM
7 moms liked this

IMO, making YOUR bed, putting away YOUR toys, brushing YOUR teeth, doing YOUR homework are all personal responsibilities that should be done and are not considered chores.

I'd also like to add that being disrespectful in my house earns you some punishment.  I will not tolerate disrespect.

GleekingOut
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:35 PM
4 moms liked this

All of these are things I expect my children to do without being paid. If they come to me with a specific saving item in mind, I will give them EXTRA chores (such as gardening, mowing, washing, etc) outside of their regular chores, but they do not get paid for being respectful, putting things away, doing schoolwork, etc.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I would only pay per job - Out of your specific list, emptying the dishwasher is the only thing I would pay for and it wouldn't be $5.  LOL

IMO, the other things are responsibilities of being a contributing member of your family. 

But I can't blame him for trying!  LOL

skylersmom44
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:36 PM

This

Quoting GleekingOut:

All of these are things I expect my children to do without being paid. If they come to me with a specific saving item in mind, I will give them EXTRA chores (such as gardening, mowing, washing, etc) outside of their regular chores, but they do not get paid for being respectful, putting things away, doing schoolwork, etc.

soontobemommie3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:37 PM
This.

Quoting steelcrazy:

IMO, making YOUR bed, putting away YOUR, brushing YOUR teeth, doing YOUR homework are all personal responsibilities that should be done and are not considered chores.

I'd also like to add that being disrespectful in my house earns you some punishment.  I will not tolerate disrespect.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I think allowances are a good thing.  But that isn't much work.  How old is he?  I have my 5 year old do all those things and more for $1 a day, so $7 a week.  If he doesn't do it, he doesn't get his dollar.  If he does half his chores, he still gets nothing.  It's all or nothing.

I pay for chores more so he can learn about money, work, and saving up.  If he ever sassed me about it he wouldn't get paid, but I'd still expect him to do his chores.  He knows, he's tried.  He lost his allowance, then privelleges until chores were done, until he decided it wasn't a tree worth barking up.

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Quoting GleekingOut:

I am just struggling I should have just made him do these things when he was younger but I was dumb and took the easy way out now I am just struggling to get him to do the things. Figure money would help but he is now wanting 20 bucks a week.

valrubio
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Why would you pay him to do things he should be doing anyways??!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)