Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do any of your kids...

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM
  • 55 Replies

Have an obsession or just something that they're extremely interested in? When we were little I remember my cousin LOVED monkeys. I never really got that into one particular thing, but my daughter's 5 and in Kindergarten now, and she's all about science and especially dinosaurs lately. She'd liked them before, but now she tells me that when she grows up she wants to be a paleontologist. We went to Barnes and Noble and spent at least a good 10-15 minutes (probably more actually) sitting looking at the dinosaur books. We have one that she got at her bookfair maybe a month ago, and it's been her pick for her bedtime story more than any other book since then. Pretty sure I could tell you all about Suchomimus and Pentaceratops if you wanted me to lol. I'm not complaining by any means, I think it's great that she's so interested in this one subject, but since I've always been the kind of person who gets a little bit into everything I wanted to see how many other kids get super into one thing.

by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Yes, my one son has been very focused on the military for several years, particularly, Navy jets.  We sent him to camp at Annapolis when he was 11 to see if the love really matched reality.  It did and his goal post high school is to attend the Naval Academy and fly jets.  He has, and continues to d,  the job he needs to accomplish in order to get there.  My other two have gone through phases with things like legos, etc. but nothing like middle son.

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:19 PM

My 12 yo is obsessed with Pokemon

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM

DS - Legos, Nerf and Minecraft.

DD - Unicorns, Minecraft, Stuffed Animals.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

DS 7 loves Legos and Minecraft. 

mickstinator
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Legos and dinos with my 5 year old. We have so many dinosaur books and he's watched nearly all the dino documentaries on Netflix. There are A LOT! Haha.

And the legos? Gosh, we have so many. So, so many.
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Daughter-princesses

Son-Cars

mickstinator
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM
My three year old is obsessed with curious George. He wakes up every morning asking to watch it and goes to bed asking to read it.
RitaTequila531
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM
No not yet but she loves everything from Legos to play food and stoves to dolls
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Boys - video games @@ I have to mo itor it a lot.

Wish they would find something useful!
allons.y
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM

DS is obsessed with arts and crafts. If he is working to create something out of something else, he is the happiest kid on earth!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)