Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

did her teacher really just ask me to send that? edit*

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM
  • 161 Replies

so earlier this week the teacher sent home a note ask for different snacks and drinks for activities they will be doing the last week of school before break. it had a list of what they wanted and said they need to be in by the 9th no problem. on the bottom was a form for you to put what you are willing to send and for you to put any food allergies your child may have. i filled it out and sent it right back. i put i would send in the swiss miss. and put her allergies which are cheese, milk and ice cream. so i go shopping today buy the swiss miss and have it all ready to go to send on Monday. my daughter gets in the car at the end of the day and goes i need to send goldfish to school. i told her i already volunteered to send something. she goes they already have enough cocoa she wants you to send goldfish. when i checked her back pack there was a note from the teacher on the form i filled out and sent in saying we have enough cocoa can you send goldfish. did she not read my child allergies. she is asking me to send in a cheese product. why would you ask someone to send in something that they cant even eat? i will not be sending them as we don't have any and i am not going back to the store just for goldfish. 

Edit*

i emiled the teacher offering to send in something else besides goldfish if they have an need for anything else. i am always willing to help my childs class in any way i can. but i will not send in goldfish. i am always buying something to send in everytime i turn around for her class weather is be snacks, things for experiments, or money for something that the teacher is going to buy for the class. i love helping and i acutully wish i could do more. i cant help in the classroom or go on field trips because of my younger child who is still at home and i have no one to care for in order to do those things. so i always send in something when it is asked for if possible. 

Sarah      10-16-06                                     Luciano 11-27-08

by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Can you buy gild fish that dont' have cheese? There is the plain cracker gold fish :)

But I do see your point, she should choose snacks that everyone can have, let alone ask you to get them. Also, does hot cocoa have dairy in it?

MommyO2-6631
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
This is why the parents get together via email and organize this stuff. When someone signs up to bring something we just reply all to the email the class mom sends. On the 19th i'm bringing paper plates and napkins because juice boxes had already been provided.
ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Quoting Precious333:

Can you buy gild fish that dont' have cheese? There is the plain cracker gold fish :)

But I do see your point, she should choose snacks that everyone can have, let alone ask you to get them. Also, does hot cocoa have dairy in it?

some cocoa does have powdered milk in but not all of them do. but it is smoething i always have in the house and i shop at a wholesale club so it comes in bulk.

ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Quoting MommyO2-6631: This is why the parents get together via email and organize this stuff. When someone signs up to bring something we just reply all to the email the class mom sends. On the 19th i'm bringing paper plates and napkins because juice boxes had already been provided.

we dont have a class mom and they are not aloud to give out other parents emails. the teacher did this with a note sent home in thier daily folder for us to fill out and send back in. 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this

buy the pretzel goldfish,  I think those are dairy free.

ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM

i cant the list is very specific in what they want. they school only allows certian things. and i have already got the cocoa and we are on a tight budget since it is the holidays.

Quoting frndlyfn:

buy the pretzel goldfish,  I think those are dairy free.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM

There are other varities of Goldfish besides cheese, although I think all are made w/ milk. As is Swiss Miss cocoa. I know b/c dd and I are lactose intolerent and I read all labels for milk, butter, cream, cheese, lactose, and lactic acid. Guess I'm just confused.

ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:17 PM

not all coca has milk in hersheys does not. she can have some dairy products but not all. she can not drink sraight up milk only soy. she can not eat ice cream but can eat frozen and regular yogurt. and she can not have cheese. the cocoa is just something i keep in the house for everyone else and i shop in bulk so i already had it so i was willing to give them some. but we dont have any goldfish for me to give and i already spent my weekly food money today.

Quoting wakymom:

There are other varities of Goldfish besides cheese, although I think all are made w/ milk. As is Swiss Miss cocoa. I know b/c dd and I are lactose intolerent and I read all labels for milk, butter, cream, cheese, lactose, and lactic acid. Guess I'm just confused.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Ah, got it.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

not all coca has milk in hersheys does not. she can have some dairy products but not all. she can not drink sraight up milk only soy. she can not eat ice cream but can eat frozen and regular yogurt. and she can not have cheese. the cocoa is just something i keep in the house for everyone else and i shop in bulk so i already had it so i was willing to give them some. but we dont have any goldfish for me to give and i already spent my weekly food money today.

Quoting wakymom:

Pnukey
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I would email the teacher and explain that you will not be sending a product that your child is allergic to and have already purchased a safe item for the class. It's unfortunate that there is an overabundance of cocoa, but perhaps she would like to contact another parent and ask her to change her item.

My son has food allergies and his teacher this year is great about checking with me about food before class projects like this. I <3 her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN