Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rainbow Loom?

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Max
  • 20 Replies

I know they are for ages 8 and up, but I ordered one for my 6 year old. 

He loves them and has many bracelets made by other kids. I figured that even if he can't do it, I can make them for him to share with friends. 

Does anyone's younger kids use one? Could he do it himself?

by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Bump
mamavalor
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM

My BIL bought a set for each of my kids.  Only the oldest, age 13, is interested in making them.  My youngest, age 6, wears but can't make them.  Good luck!

DrDoofenshmirtz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM

My neighbor and nephew are both 5 and have one they use.  They may not be able to do the complex ones, or put the clips on, but a parent can easily do that.

DD is 7 and loves her.  She just learned dragon tail today.  (But that can be made on a fork, so she didn't even use the loom.)

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Quoting DrDoofenshmirtz:

My neighbor and nephew are both 5 and have one they use.  They may not be able to do the complex ones, or put the clips on, but a parent can easily do that.

DD is 7 and loves her.  She just learned dragon tail today.  (But that can be made on a fork, so she didn't even use the loom.)

I figures I would have to do some of it. 

I haven't actually seen the loom. But based on the finished the product I figured it can't be that hard. 

KairisMama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I bought one for my 7 year old. She's been asking "Santa."

katiebug840204
by Katie on Dec. 8, 2013 at 10:23 PM
My 5 yr old tries but he hasn't been able to get the hang of it. My older kids loves theirs though!
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 10:24 PM

My 4 and 6 year olds both use theirs without issue. We actually do singles and fishtails on our fingers, all of us.

my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM

My 5 yr old makes bracelets with her rainbow loom. It is fun for her. She just made one for her teacher last week.  She mainly sticks with the fish tail one since that is the easiest for her.

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM

My 8 year old is getting one for Christmas...I'm sure I'll end up with those silly little bands all over my house once the cats and her younger sister (5) find them. LOL 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Famous last words! One night DD and I sat down to make breacelets together. She wanted to make one of the more complicated styles so we You Tubed it...I kept replaying that video and could not figure it out! Better luck to you!

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting DrDoofenshmirtz:

I figures I would have to do some of it. 

I haven't actually seen the loom. But based on the finished the product I figured it can't be that hard. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)