Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

At last, at last at long long last!!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM
  • 28 Replies

woohooMy oldest daughter who will be 7 in February has said she loves her little sister!!!!! They finally play together and my oldest thinks often of her sister and will bring home half of treats from school or parties to give to her. It seemed to take so long! My little one will be 3 in March. At first big sister was so excited to have a baby, that lasted about 6 months once she arrived. She then moved on to say she changed her mind and didn't want a sister any more....um too late,lol. For over a year she said often that she hated her little sister, breaking my heart each time  Now they finally have that bond I had hoped for when I saw the ultrasound was going to be a little sister for her. I am so happy I could cry, really I almost do when I see them snuggled up together or sledding or anything together for that matter!! So, moms how long did it take for your kids to love their siblings?

by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww!!  I hope she continues to have a positive attitude towards her little sister. 

Drea_84
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
That is awesome!
Clemency3
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine...right away. Since day one. My first was 3 when my second was born and he just kept giving her kisses and they have been inseperable since then. They are both 9 and 6 right now. I just had my third and they love to hold her and play with her despite the fact that she doesn't focus on them yet. 

It is always nice to see your kids enjoy each other :) That is great that she is into it!

MaineMammax2
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I was like that when my little sister was born! I loved her the minute I saw her. So I was sad when my oldest would say she hated her sister and wished we didn't have her. I am so happy they have a close bond now.

Quoting Clemency3:

Mine...right away. Since day one. My first was 3 when my second was born and he just kept giving her kisses and they have been inseperable since then. They are both 9 and 6 right now. I just had my third and they love to hold her and play with her despite the fact that she doesn't focus on them yet. 

It is always nice to see your kids enjoy each other :) That is great that she is into it!

soymujer
by Mikki on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm still waiting!!

family in the van   Mom of four

megs2boys
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My first 2 boys are 15 months apart, they have always had a very strong bond. My youngest is 2 1/2 years behind my middle. My oldest son has always loved him but my middle son just recently started to like him a little....my youngest is FOUR now! Hahaha! It took a looong time!

Barabell
by Barbara on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Great news!!

beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
My girls are 18 mos apart...my oldest seemed to live get sister right away...they are almost 7 and 5.5, now, and are the best of friends!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure, ds told me the other day that we needed to take dd back to the hospital where we got her :/ she's 2 1/2.

But they do play together a lot and ds bought her a Christmas present, and it was his idea to get one for her.
Zoiksandaway
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids loved each other right away and still do.

However, at 9, I hated one of my sisters who was 3. One day I smacked her hard across the face. My mother...the gentlest mom ever, came rushing over and smacked ME across the face HARD. She screamed "Don't you EVER hit any baby of mine!" And practically dragged me by the hair into my room. She came to me later and explained that from that moment on, everything and anything that I did that was unloving towards my siblings would be done to me by HER tenfold.

I will never forget that day. And I learned to behave good and loving all the time to all my little sisters all the time.

It was a boon to me, as my sisters remember our childhood with a billion fond things to say about me. Had I continued behaving like the brat I had been, our childhoods and my mother's life would not have been pleasant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN