Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Little girl signs her school concert

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 14 Replies

A Florida kindergartener didn't want her deaf parents to miss any of her school concert - so she signed the entire thing while also singing.  The video in this link is well worth the 3:41 it takes to watch!  So cute! What an awesome girl.

http://www.waff.com/story/24197417/kindergartener-signs-schools-holiday-concert-for-parents

October is Celiac Awareness Month - undiagnosed Celiac disease is a risk factor for miscarriages & a cause of unexplained infertility. Only 1 out of every 5-6 people with Celiacs have been diagnosed.  csaceliacs.org, celiac.com National Foundation for Celiac Awareness

Gwen (43) David (56) Augie (6.5) Alex (4.5)

by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:38 PM

This is so adorable.  I saw it earlier and it made my day!!  I loved her expressions and enthusiasm.  Maybe she can teach the other "interpreter" a few things. 

GwenMB
by Gwen on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I've seen that comment a few times. lol  I didn't see any of his funeral on tv, I may have to look for some video of it just to see what happened.

She made my day, too. :)  Made me wish I could give her a hug & tell her how awesome she is.

Quoting M4LG5:

This is so adorable.  I saw it earlier and it made my day!!  I loved her expressions and enthusiasm.  Maybe she can teach the other "interpreter" a few things. 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 4:51 PM
It would have been cuter of they showed more of the song. Most was the same 2 sec clip repeating.
vbway
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM

You should try to watch it again. They did almost 3 whole songs. The first time I tried to watch it, it was glitchy. 

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: It would have been cuter of they showed more of the song. Most was the same 2 sec clip repeating.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Dec. 12, 2013 at 5:12 PM

It must have been glitchy, I saw parts of 3 or 4 songs.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: It would have been cuter of they showed more of the song. Most was the same 2 sec clip repeating.

vbway
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Very cute. My girls and I are considering learing sign. Honestly, I just don't know where to start. I am hearing impaired. Right now, I get by using my two hearing aids, but if my hearing gets any worse, I am going to be in a bind. I currently only have 7% hearing, but that jumps to about 35% with both aids in. 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 5:33 PM
My kids are learning ASL.

I watched the first.one and didnt notice it until DS said, watch the little boy beside her and you could tell.

I did see all the clips. Some were longer but still not all of it.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 5:37 PM
If they are young, Signing Time on PBS is a great start to building vocabulary.

ASLpro.com would be great for you and to add their vocab. However, there are bad words on ASLpro so don't leave them unsupervised.

I got the Joy of Signing book and DVD for mine. It is part of our homeschool day. All three of mine are learning a differemt language. One does Japanese, another Latin and one ASL.

Quoting vbway:

Very cute. My girls and I are considering learing sign. Honestly, I just don't know where to start. I am hearing impaired. Right now, I get by using my two hearing aids, but if my hearing gets any worse, I am going to be in a bind. I currently only have 7% hearing, but that jumps to about 35% with both aids in. 

vbway
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it. 

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: If they are young, Signing Time on PBS is a great start to building vocabulary.

ASLpro.com would be great for you and to add their vocab. However, there are bad words on ASLpro so don't leave them unsupervised.

I got the Joy of Signing book and DVD for mine. It is part of our homeschool day. All three of mine are learning a differemt language. One does Japanese, another Latin and one ASL.

Quoting vbway:

meam4444
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I saw this earlier today...how awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)