Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Yearbooks

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • 60 Replies
I always thought doing yearbooks for elementary school seemed stupid but today mil found one of ds uncles and we found dh in it (dh was in 1st grade) and it was fun showing ds daddy at that age and stuff. Ds is in kindergarten. We don't get class pics from his school but they do yearbooks. I wonder now if maybe I should get them. We found it fun going through dh's elementary ones.

What do you think?
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyAmaranth
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I find them unnecessary, just a way for them to make some money for the school/district.

I have pictures of my late hubby from his youth, and the boys, so I don't think yearbooks would be of any use here.

Ngelulu
by Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I get them for my dd. I thought they were stupid at first too. Now, I enjoy looking back on how she has grown. Our yearbooks have pictures of field trips and other special days at school that I wouldn't have had any pictures of unless I bought the yearbook. Plus I don't mind giving money to the school, it goes to future field trips and in-class school supplies
matofour
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Schools don't make any money off yearbooks.

Our school only does them for fifth grade. They cost 25, and our PTA pays for one for every fifth grader.

The school doesn't make a penny off the yearbooks.

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

I find them unnecessary, just a way for them to make some money for the school/district.

I have pictures of my late hubby from his youth, and the boys, so I don't think yearbooks would be of any use here.

LadyAmaranth
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Well someone does....maybe it's the PTA. I just know at back to school night they had tables selling them and t-shirts, PTA memberships, etc.

Quoting matofour: Schools don't make any money off yearbooks.

Our school only does them for fifth grade. They cost 25, and our PTA pays for one for every fifth grader.

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

~Amaranth Dhanya~

Mama to 3 Joyfully Chaotic boys

Widow to my Crazy Chicken(4-8-13)....Always My Love

katiebug840204
by Katie on Dec. 15, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I've never bought one. Not because I haven't wanted to, it would be great memories for my kids....is just I can never afford one when the time comes around! And I have 3 kids. If I buy one, I have to buy for all.
Mipsy
by Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I could careless who, if anyone, makes money off it but I fail to see how the school getting more money is a negative thing?! There is NEVER enough money spent on the education of our children!

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Well someone does....maybe it's the PTA. I just know at back to school night they had tables selling them and t-shirts, PTA memberships, etc.

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Mipsy
by Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM
We only have one child :)

Quoting katiebug840204: I've never bought one. Not because I haven't wanted to, it would be great memories for my kids....is just I can never afford one when the time comes around! And I have 3 kids. If I buy one, I have to buy for all.
anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I always got one when I was in elementary school and I am so glad that I did.  However, they were paperback and relatively inexpensive.  My kids' elementary school, however, do ones just like the HS that are hardbound and cost nearly $50.  That is just too much after then nickle and dime us to death for everything every week.

MustBNapTime
by Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Ive got a lot from when I was in school & plan on getting them for DD as well... Unless you are really tight on money I dont see what it could hurt?... 

LadyAmaranth
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Never said it was a bad thing just that that's what they were for.

Quoting Mipsy: I could careless who, if anyone, makes money off it but I fail to see how the school getting more money is a negative thing?! There is NEVER enough money spent on the education of our children!

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

~Amaranth Dhanya~

Mama to 3 Joyfully Chaotic boys

Widow to my Crazy Chicken(4-8-13)....Always My Love

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)