Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

gifts for students

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM
  • 28 Replies
My DD(5) came home with a TON of gifts from her teachers...do your kids teachers give gifts?

I teach Prek and we do not do gifts for our students.
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:39 PM
We will find out this week.
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM

They , in the past, have sent little goodie bags like pencils, candy, stickers etc.  Kindergarten their teacher gave them some gifts at end of year .  One was a rabbits foot she gathered while away on a trip.  Each student got to choose a color.   DD is in 2nd grade now and loves that thing.

SwtSnowflake2
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Teachers always give one book to every student.
huskermom98
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:50 PM

My oldest has gotten books, pen/notepad in past years, but usually just from his teacher (althouhg I think a classroom helper/volunteer/"grandma" gave the kids a cute pen last year).

GwenMB
by Gwen on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:09 PM

The K & first grade teachers give gifts - I don't think the preschool teacher does (sad that this is our 4th year of preschool with her & I can't remember).

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:12 PM

My boys have always gotten a small gift from their teachers, even in preschool.  I give my students a small gift as well.

AuntieV
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:56 AM

mine have received little gifts like pencils, erasers etc.

theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Sure do, my son (12) has the most generous friends and teachers, he gets about seven gifts from them every year and my daughter (10) gets about four and my twin three year olds did not get any yet. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Yesterday I received an email from my sons teacher saying that Santa came to visit early and brought presents to the kids. I am not sure if this was something that was only done in the special ed class or if it was school wide. I was expecting a little goodie bag and possibly a book. Instead, my son came home with 3 gifts that were on his list to Santa that he wrote at school. This is the first year we are at this school so I don't know if this has been done in prior years or not. Needless to say, the school Santa was quite generous in his gift giving.

jlmomto2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM

My boys have always received gifts from their teachers in elementary.  They are usually a book or little gift bags with pencils, stickers, etc.  One year it was a bag with hot cocoa stuff in it...cocoa packets, marshmallows, candy canes.    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)