Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

jelousy

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
xtrastressed
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Hi. I have a 6 year old girl and a 10 year old boy. I had/have some social behavioral issues with my 10 year old son and have been giving him intensive therapy and thank god we are seeing great results. My 6 year old is a girl that thank god needs no therapy and shes doing great in school. She is a warm yummy girl and receives great grades in school and is awarded at home as much as the 10 year old is. She has a big problem "JELOUSY". i dont know what to do about it and she is aware of it and tells me that she knows and doesnt know what to do about it. I dont have the answer how to get it out of her system. If I tell my 10 year old I love you, you're doing great she will pipe up and say and I'm not???? I tell her of course you are but now we are talking about Tom. Any ideas???

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:32 AM
2 moms liked this

It is ok to be jealous, or feel jealous, how you act on it s what matters. I would work on her being self-confident and just learning how to not act on it.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:37 AM
This. She needs tools to learn how to handle it. Maybe a therapist would be able to help her find thos tools.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

It is ok to be jealous, or feel jealous, how you act on it s what matters. I would work on her being self-confident and just learning how to not act on it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieSH
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Do you set aside special one on one time with just your daughter?
mommy053008
by Maria on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:22 AM
I think jealousy is a normal feeling just continue to encourage her and help her. As long as she's not acting on that jealousy I don't see anything wrong.
SlightlyPerfect
It is one of the highest forms of arrogance for people to assume they can bestow forgiveness on someone else for their own self-inflicted maiming.
Yesterday at 2:59 PM
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Sounds like she is comparing herself to other people and internalizing any negativity she's perceiving. I would definitely talk with her about that so you can stop it before it grows as she matures. Let her walk you through the thought process she uses when she hears someone else receiving praise, for example. As you begin to understand her schema she's developed, you can work on undoing it and reconstruct it with her.

xtrastressed
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Thank you! I'm pleased to hear all the responses and that it is ok for a 6 year old to be jelous and I will deffinetly practice your tips. 

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Is it more sibling jealousy or everyone-jealousy?
Just going off of your example. ...sometimes when we have one child who requires more attention (in this case, therapy and appointments), the other child can sometimes feel left out. Even though this isn't the intention! It just happens.
I would just be sure she jas special things you do withher, too:) It might hhelp.
xtrastressed
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:02 PM

thats a great idea. I wil try to set something up with her. Thanks for your advice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)