Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Christmas Kitten! *pics*

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

Well, we made it to the animal helter today. DD picked out her kitten. We got SO LUCKY!

His litter was marked "feral" but the attendant decided to go check them out for us. She said that if they hiss and freak at the officer that brings them in, they mark them feral but sometimes, once they get settled in, they see that they aren't feral. That was the case with this boy! He is SO super sweet!

Since he is a Christmas boy, DD is naming him Comet :) He can't come home until Saturday but we can go visit tomorrow and they open at 10 am on Saturday. We will be standing at the door when they open!

ETA: This lil guy has two siblings. The Animal Control officer left the cage they were in open when she ran to the office to work onchanging him from feral to domestic. One of the kittens jumped out and was running aroud, DD and I were trying to chase it - HELLO AMERICA'S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS!  @@ It got in a hole up under the cages for a mintue. Luckily it came out and we were able to grab it!  DD and I were laughing so hard!

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Life Scout Ian 1/982nd Class Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2twoboyz
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Awww, hes cute!
balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Adorable!

Looks like my Peekie did when she was a kitten. Now she's 16 lbs of fuzz and cuddle.

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:48 PM
So sweet!!
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:49 PM

You can not see it in the picture, but they let her put the collar that she had bought for him on him :) he has BLING!

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Life Scout Ian 1/982nd Class Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Awwww how cute.  I'm glad to hear that you are going to be able to get him and hope that Saturday gets here quickly.  I'm sure Comet will add another layer of fun to your house.

kirstensmommie
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM

He's a doll! Congrats on your kitten!

Barabell
by Barbara on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Awe, he's so cute!

Bluecalm
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM
He is so cute! I thought about ya'll. There was a spot on the news about the shelter starting a new program where they deliver a cat at Christmas. The lady was dressed like an elf to make her delivery. This year it was just two cats but they hope to expand next year.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Awww... Thanks for thinking of us ..it really has been a fun process :)

That sounds like a cool program except I don't believe in giving pets to people. I think people need to pick and choose pets that fit their personality and temperment.

I had to work really hard to make it so that DD didn't figure out my plan ahead of time.

I will be bumping this post once we get him home..LOL

Quoting Bluecalm: He is so cute! I thought about ya'll. There was a spot on the news about the shelter starting a new program where they deliver a cat at Christmas. The lady was dressed like an elf to make her delivery. This year it was just two cats but they hope to expand next year.

jaytee
by Jen on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM
So cute!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN