Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

And the mother of the year is...

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Max
  • 47 Replies
5 moms liked this

Me!!!!

Well, maybe not. But I have a story to share. 

Yesterday I took my kids to a local museum. My six year old has been many times so he was touring us around. My three year old has been before, but he didn't remember all of it. He was totally fascinated running from room to room to see what's next. 

We walked into a room of old Victorian furniture. Zack went zooming over to look. I wasn't overly concerned since everything in this display was behind a glass partition wall so I knew he couldn't actually get to it. 

Unfortunately he didn't know that. I stood right there and watched him run smack into the glass. He fell back on the floor and lay there stunned. He hadn't hurt himself, but he scared himself. As soon as he saw me he burst out crying. 

You might be thinking only a really awesome mom would let their child dash into a glass wall, but that's not even the best part. 

Guess what I do when he starts crying...

That's right. I burst out in uncontrollable laughter. I had to pick up him so I could hide my face by hugging him (I would have anyway, but it was a good cover for the laughing). I think bystanders might have thought I was crying too because I was shaking. 

That's right, Mom of the Year goes to me! 

Have you ever gotten the giggles from something totally inappropriate like that?

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:23 AM
I probably would have laughed too!

And yes, when my oldest was about 3, he was running down a path at the zoo, i was in front of him on the path and decided to scoot iver and bump him with my butt so he would stop.
He stopped all right. Ran face first into my butt and bounced back then fell down. We were all laughing, well except him!
MamiJaAyla
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:23 AM

YEs.  Laughing to hard to type.  

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:24 AM

That's hysterical.  I would have laughed at my son too. Lol

aidyns_mommy
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:25 AM
I laugh at D's daily. He laughs at me too lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy053008
by Maria on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:25 AM

yep!!! happens a lot and like you I have comforted my child while burying my face in their hair and laughing. Sometimes you just can't help it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Worst mom ever! Geez lady.

Just kidding! I've totally done the same thing!
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:34 AM
OMG...too funny! I probably would've laughed too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:35 AM
2 moms liked this

sidesplittinglaughter Yep, I'm sitting her laughing my ass off.  Luckily I didn't have any beverage in my mouth when reading or it would have been all over the laptop.

My oldest was about 2 months shy of 3 when he ran smack into my sisters glass patio door attempting to get to a really cool Halloween decoration.  It was a witch with a cauldron on a fire where the flames were lit up and dancing.  WAY COOL!  The sad part is that he was very familiar with my sister's house and should have know about the door, but I guess he forgot about it in his excitement to get to that bitchin' witch.  lol  We had very similar reactions, except I didn't pick him up because I couldn't move from laughing so hard.  In my defence I was 8+ months pregnant and feared peeing myself if I did move.

Clemency3
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:38 AM

lmao...all the time. i would have done the same thing! nothing wrong with letting them figure things out for themselves if you know they won't get seriously hurt over it. but if that were me i'd have been like.."no running inside.." and my kids would have just kept on running anyway as to make an attempt to prevent it. but i'd still laugh. it is the funniest thing to watch kids make mistakes that are silly like that. 

JeremysMom
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:42 AM

When my son was three, we went to a house of mirrors. Daddy went ahead of us and then our son saw daddy and started running for him. He went smack into one of the mirrors and was crying too.(More because he didn't know where daddy was). I laughed. Yes, I am horrible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)