Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am sure my daughter looked silly... (weather related).

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:53 AM
  • 31 Replies
....but I think she will be nice and toasty later.
We are in fl and today is our first day back. Hooray! We woke up to 65F weather today. However, sometime after 10, it will drop down to the 40s and get real windy. Even colder tomorrow.
My daughter had on her heaviest coat and a hat on her head. Her gloves and scarf were in her bag. She wore the 2 because it's easier than carrying them.
Meanwhile, her classmates were being dropped off in shorts and shirts. I hope their jackets are in their backpacks!
I am mainly concerned about dismissal. The kids are usually outside waiting. I am hoping the school has backup plans but just in case, I bundled her up.
I hope it isn't needed, and the weather man is kying, but they are saying over the next 2 days it will be the coldest it's been in 25 yrs.
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy053008
by Maria on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Awww Lol my dad doesn't go back til Tues. Also the coldest its been here in years :-) we r in ga/tn
amy1will
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in Florida too and its 34 here. We don't go back til tomorrow though and its suppose to be colder.
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Haha! Today it's in the 40s here and DS wore shorts to school! He always does...it's a teen boy thing. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 12 degrees...the coldest day in his life according to the news (and yes, he will have long pants on).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kylie819
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:42 AM
4 moms liked this
Sorry, I can't help but giggle! The wind chill is -50 here right now. 40's sounds downright balmy!
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:45 AM

LOL, the kids will be fine without a jacket in 40* temps.  Sure, they will be cold, but it isn't like they will get frost bite or anything like that.

iamcafemom83
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Yeah I know we are a bunch of wimps here in FL! Buttt they did say that temperatures will drop to 15-25 (before wed), depending on how far inland you are. I know that's pretty toasty for those up north! Pretty cold for me, though!
iamcafemom83
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:47 AM
I guess not. It's the wind that is the clincher, for me!! Wind chill advisories are in effect here:/

Quoting steelcrazy:

LOL, the kids will be fine without a jacket in 40* temps.  Sure, they will be cold, but it isn't like they will get frost bite or anything like that.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Its 37 here right now. I'm sending dd with her jacket, ear muffs, and gloves.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Even with the wind chill they won't suffer any ill health effects. Once the wind chill is in the single digits, that's when you have to worry about frost bite and losing fingers, toes, ears, and tips of noses.

Quoting iamcafemom83: I guess not. It's the wind that is the clincher, for me!! Wind chill advisories are in effect here:/

Quoting steelcrazy:

my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Man, that sounds like overkill for our area for that temp. Of course today is no school due to drastic wind chills. We are at -16 with a chill of -37

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)