Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Homework poll

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:52 PM
  • 51 Replies

What year did you graduate high school and when did you start having homework? Do you think you got a good education?

(I realize that last question is pretty subjective, just curious)

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:56 PM

I graduated in 1988 and didn't have homework until 5th grade. I don't think it was a daily thing until 7th grade, though.

My high school was highly rated and I was always a & b honor roll so I think I got a good education.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:56 PM

I graduated in 1993 and remember having homework in first grade. 

I also remember not doing it and struggling in class probably at least partly because I wasn't doing what I was supposed to outside of class. 

Parts of my education were very good, others not good at all. 

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:57 PM
I graduated in 93' and I do not remember.
toopicky429
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:58 PM
1999, and honestly I don't remember. Sometime in elementary school. I think I received a good education, but I was a slacker in high school so it could have been better.
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:04 PM

1996. I remember having homework in 2nd and 3rd grade. It's possible I had it younger but don't remember. 

I went to several different schools. Some schools were good, and others were poor. I mainly took advanced classes. Overall, I feel my eduation was OK. I feel that my son is receiving a superior K-12 education compared to me.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:05 PM

I graduated in 1990.  I can remember working on school stuff at home when I was in kindergarten.  Not sure if it was really homework or not though.  I think that I had a great education.

I went to a very small, rural school that a lot of people liked to say that the education was crap there.  Our HS principal always said that the education was there if you wanted it and if you didn't take advantage of it, then it was your own fault!  So, yes the quality of an education is very subjective.

BTW - alumnai from my HS have jobs in all sorts of occupations.  Everything from mechanic to politics to NFL head coach to actor to engineer to medical researcher.  So, the education was there.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:13 PM

I think that an education being there for the taking is true of the vast majority of schools.

I also think my hs alumnai have that broad a spectrum of what people are doing (although no NFL head coaches as far as I know). We do have a US senator who was about 10 years ahead of me, and a big city mayor who graduated the year before me.

Quoting steelcrazy:

I graduated in 1990.  I can remember working on school stuff at home when I was in kindergarten.  Not sure if it was really homework or not though.  I think that I had a great education.

I went to a very small, rural school that a lot of people liked to say that the education was crap there.  Our HS principal always said that the education was there if you wanted it and if you didn't take advantage of it, then it was your own fault!  So, yes the quality of an education is very subjective.

BTW - alumnai from my HS have jobs in all sorts of occupations.  Everything from mechanic to politics to NFL head coach to actor to engineer to medical researcher.  So, the education was there.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Cameron's mommy on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:25 PM
I graduated from HS in 1992. I remember getting homework in elementary school.
I think I got a pretty good education.
ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:28 PM
I graduated in 1989. We started doing homework in 3rd grade. I did receive a quality education that prepared me for college. Actually, college was easier than high school.
Cozie_Sisika458
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:29 PM
I graduated in 2003 and I started having home work since 1st grade.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN