Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

low fever ? sry long tried to give info update

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:40 AM
  • 16 Replies
Update: Grandma took her to the dr and they saod they cant find anything wrong, this momma is tired and worn out. Theu said her throat is a tad red but neg for strep.

Friday my dd said her tummy hurt and ate a ton (goin threw a growth spurt). Yesterday she did the same thing until about five, she started running a fever between 100-101. Complained of extreme headache (i think it turned into a migraine). At bed she cried and cried until i went in around 9 and asked if she wanted tylenol for headach she said no but wanted to cuddle. I checked her temp and it was 102 at ten and told her to take some tylenol so we could try to get some rest. She finally fell asleep at 1am.

She was running a temp around 100 all day without tylenol.she didnt eat hardly anything and slept/relaxed most of the day. She has complained that her head hurts and stomach hurt all day. it went back up to 101 around 7 and she complained her throat hurt andshe was breathing a lil fast, she said it was hard to breath. She took a shower and it only dropped to 100. She woke up at 10 and its back at 102. I gsve her tylenol so she could get some rest. She is acting like she has strep, but has complained of a sore throat until dinner when i asked. She has never complained of a headache with it though. Is headaches a sign of strep? Last year she just the neck hurt and tummy, she is sleeping next to me so i can monitor her breathing, just wanted opinions!.
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:49 AM

I would get her checked out since it seems like a flu more than strep.   The flu this year has me freaked out since in our area recently a very healthy little boy died from H1N1 strain of flu.   

I hope your little girl feels better.  Mine just went through a bug and her fever got to over 104.  She would not take medicine so we waited it out old school with lots of cool fluids.

twokids0407
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:57 AM
I havent heard the flu hitting very hard around here, i know strep is. Thank you b/c i didnt even think of the flu. I know dh and i have had headaches for a couple days, but figured they were from the colds we have.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would get her checked out since it seems like a flu more than strep.   The flu this year has me freaked out since in our area recently a very healthy little boy died from H1N1 strain of flu.   

I hope your little girl feels better.  Mine just went through a bug and her fever got to over 104.  She would not take medicine so we waited it out old school with lots of cool fluids.

xtwistedxlovex
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:03 AM

It's normal for fevers to spike at night. DS and I get headaches from fevers regardless of the cause. It could just be a sinus infection or something of the sort. Since she's having trouble breathing I'd call the doctor in the morning, but you shouldn't worry too much in the meantime.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:36 AM

There is an extremely harsh flu/cold virus going around this year. DH ended up in urgent care and was laid up almost 5 fll days. fever, puking, chills, cough (SHTILL has the cough).

I would just continue to make sure she is hydrated and wait it out unless her breathing gets worse. if breathing becomes painful, take her in.

mommy053008
by Maria on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Keep her hydrated!!! I would suggest taking her in or I would if it were my kids. But her regular pediatrician not an er doctor.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Call her doctor and see what they say.  There are a few nasty viruses going around as well as the flu, so they may not want to see her unless her breathing gets really bad to limit the spread of germs.  Does she have asthma?

Also remember that a fever is a good thing, it is your way of knowing that the body is doing its job to fight off the illness.  A higher fever doesn't mean that a child is any sicker than a lower fever.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM

It could still be strep. The one time ds2 had it, a headache that wouldn't go away and a minor tummy ache were the only symptoms he complained about.

I'd take her in to her regular dr since she's complained about having a little trouble breathing.

luvcats406
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM

It may be strep.  One of my kids got a horrible headache with strep.  He would not eat much either.

SeanandNoahsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Take her to your regular pediatrician; could be flu , sinus infection, or strep. Mine has h1N1

soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Our policy is if a child has a fever, needs to stay home till fever free for 24 hours without medicine.

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN