Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Long weekend???

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:04 PM
  • 59 Replies

Do your children have a long weekend this coming weekend?

My boys have a half day of school on Friday and were supposed to be off on Monday, but they are now going to make up for missing last Tuesday. Quiet a few schools in my area have all day Friday off, along with Monday, giving their students a 4 day weekend.  Back when I was in school, we didn't have a day off between Christmas break and President's Day unless there was a snow day.

Anyway, I was wondering if the 4 day weekend trend is just a local thing or not.

BTW - yes, I know that Monday is MLK day.  It wasn't a holiday yet when I was in school.

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:05 PM
My daughter is out on Monday.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Yes we will have a long weekend. My boys have a half day on Thursday and Friday, and no school on Monday and Tuesday.

We are in Maryland.

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Yes, we are out Monday. 

kdgord
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
My boys have Monday off but not an early day Friday.
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Yes, we have a long weekend. A lot of schools are ending their quarter, so they have a teacher work day in addition to the MLK holiday. 

My son has Monday and Tuesday off from his school, but he's shadowing at another school on Tuesday (that had Friday off) to see if he wants to enroll there next year.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Our quarter is ending. Thursday, Friday, and Tuesday are Professional Work Day's. The teachers will work, and no school for the children.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Yes, school is closed. I'll be working from home and am so busy, I would rather be at my quiet office.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissyB1011
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Friday was supposed to be a half day because it was the end of the quarter at DS's school and Monday was to be a day off. Because of the cancellations due to weather, the Friday half day is bumped to the next Friday and Monday is a make up day. Monday will be fun because the kids go bowling.

Mipsy
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Only off Monday here. we don't have snow days or any other random days off really unless you count fall and spring break.
almburr
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:14 PM
My kids always have a 3-day weekend. We do have some Fridays scheduled to keep hours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)