Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

im sooo mad

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:27 PM
  • 26 Replies
Okay to start with I am a very protective mama

But my 11 yr old son called me in tears today, because my his science teacher called him worthless and told him he was going to be a person that everyone laughs at cuz he's gonna live under a bridge....wtf??? I snapped. I went to the school spoke with the principal and he called the teacher in...and she admitted to saying she was trying to :motivate" him..I informed her that if she ever spoke to my child like that in any way shape or form in would hire an attorney and sue her and the school..then in would charge her with verbal abuse...I told her she sucked as a teacher and should be suspended with out pay and walked out...was I over reacting?
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyChance
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:31 PM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't have walked out. I would've waited to hear what the principal offered a solution to this issue, then walked out and went to the school board if I wasn't okay with it.. Good for you for standing up for your kid!!!!!
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:31 PM
To me... nope you covered what my thoughts would be pretty well... i hope she backs off now.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Maybe just a tiny bit . . .

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you have every right to be mad. But I don't think threatening or verbally abusing her was the right response. Instead I would have stayed to find out how the principal and teacher plan to fix the issue - and to work w them to make sure it is fixed. Now, I think they may just be viewing you as hard to work w and you are less likely to get the cooperation you want and deserve.

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree that I would have stayed to see what the principal did to offer a solution.  

Quoting MommyChance: I wouldn't have walked out. I would've waited to hear what the principal offered a solution to this issue, then walked out and went to the school board if I wasn't okay with it.. Good for you for standing up for your kid!!!!!

kansasmomof5
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:42 PM
2 moms liked this
The principal switched his science time and he reported it to the head office and it will be investigated. I. Just mad that someone that it supposed to build up a child's self esteem..would talk like that to a child.
Dodie702
by Doriane on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:02 PM
That science teacher had no business speaking to your son that way. I would have went to the school and talked to the principal too.
MsLogansMommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:05 PM
I actually wouldnt have waited for them to decide how to handle it I would have demanded a public apology to my child (if my child was ok with that and wouldnt bring more embarrassment) then I would require them to put my child in another class or reassign the teacher and then I would ask them to tell me what further action would they be taking in addition to that. I wouldn't threaten withlaw suits. Im not saying that legal action wouldnt be a consideration but I have found that most ppl that blow off the handle and spew multiple threats usually dont follow up. If I am going to pursue legal action im not going to give them warning kwim
kansasmomof5
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Oh I will follow thru with it...i was pissed
GotSomeKids
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Not what I would have done, but frankly, I don't blame you.  No one should EVER say that to a child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)